Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what type of headunit?

summerZ

SMRBGD
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX II S
hi guys,
im currently looking for a new headunit for my vx s, but i dont no what one would be the best for me... i am wanting one that is mp3 compatible to that i can connect up my ipod.
anyone got any good suggestions?
cheers

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Budget would be good......

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Go play with some in stores... Don't take brand advice from a forum as most people just pick their favourite brand :)

msina1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS acclaim,
i'l get back to you on the model, but a mate of mine bought his pioneer head unit for around 100$$ just grabbed an aux cord and plugged and ipod in, works everything,

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
I would suggest getting a direct ipod control headunit...much better value, if you want a CD player internal without having to have a stacker, then you have no choice than to get a AUX only ipod, not direct control (control though the headunit and charges ipod)...

I'm biased when I say the Alpine iDA series...

• Pioneer 6050UB
  • Alpine iDA-X200, X300, X305, X100

Ray De Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
SII SSV REDLINE M6
I only use Pioneer or Alpine due to there sound quality factor. Kenwood used to be good but now sound quality and build not so good. JVC and Panasonic are good but don't come close to my fav's. I use the Pioneer DEHP-9850BT with full ipod control but the cheaper models are good also.

Mystro1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
I only have Alpine units, how ever have installed Many Pioneer, JVC, Kenwood, Sony, Blaupunkt and many many others, Go in to a shop and play with them, pick the one that is in your price range and has the features you want, If your looking at a lower range unit then they all tend to be much and much the same from what I have seen, If you are looking for a unit to do every thing to audio shifting per channel then you may want to look up arround the Alpine range and other high end units.