Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What type of warning light is this?

pengoau

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 Commodore Ute
G'day

I don't have my owners manual and so I'm at a loss, what warning light is it that is displayed on your dash in yellow that is inbetween the fuel and oil warning lights? This is for a 1999 VS Commodore.

Thanks

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Hi Pengoau

I don't have it any longer, but I remember the genuine workshop manual for my VR showed a warning light provision on the instrument panel that was never used in any model - wish I could remember what it was. It was definitely on the right hand side of the steering column between a number of warning lights. I remember thinking at the time that it would have been nice to have that warning light working but it was not hooked up to my knowledge in any VR or VS version. Wish I could remember what it was.

I also recall that there is a yellow light on the bottom strip of globes for Cruise Control "Activated" or "On", but that was further over to the right.

alex2_s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Sedan Auto
Between the oil & fuel on the VS is the check engine light, when it comes on it means the computer has logged a fault code, could be anything from an oxygen sensor failling giving slightly increased fuel consumption through to the transmission about to die.