Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what tyres on 20 inch wheels ?? standard FE2

Loki

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VY
Hey guys I Have VY spac with the FE2 suspension untouched (standard height) and i have just bought some 20 inch rims.

The wheels have 20x8 JJ written on the back of them

So the tire width is 8 inch and the Wheel backspace is 6 inches .. which I believe gives an offset of 38 ??

I have a few questions ... I have read alot on this forums but there is a few things I am not clear on.

1. What are the best tyres to use ... I have heard either 225/35/20 or 245/30/20 ?? will either of these sizes scrub or have problem with struts (once again my car is standard hight, not lowered and has the FE2 setup and does NOT have rolled guards)

2. They were sold to me with 225/35/20s but the rim sits out slightly more then the tires (which I kinda don't like for gutter rash reasons)

3. I prefer the 245/30/20's just because they seem to protect the rim more, but I don't want issues with scrubbing or hitting struts, fouling springs or w/e.

If you guys need any information to help answer the questions let me know and ill do my best to provide it for you.

Last edited:

Loki

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VY
Moved to the OP

Last edited:

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
20's on FE2 will also look too high IMO.

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
245 would be the go.. Can't see a scrubbing issue on 8" rims..

VY_Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commy pos
Are you sure they're not 20x8.5"? Not much comes out in 20x8" with a 5x120 pcd & +38 is a little low an offset, is the wheel a BMW copy? the offset should be stamped on the back of the wheel as well instead of guessing.

Barnzeee

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy berlina
I have 20x10's with 275's on my vy berlina with low king springs and they only scrub a little with my three kids n a full tank ov fuel in

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
I have 245's on 19's and on ultras and get a little bit of scrubbing on a big bump or dip in the road..

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Hey guys I Have VY spac with the FE2 suspension untouched (standard height) and i have just bought some 20 inch rims.

The wheels have 20x8 JJ written on the back of them

So the tire width is 8 inch and the Wheel backspace is 6 inches .. which I believe gives an offset of 38 ??

I have a few questions ... I have read alot on this forums but there is a few things I am not clear on.

1. What are the best tyres to use ... I have heard either 225/35/20 or 245/30/20 ?? will either of these sizes scrub or have problem with struts (once again my car is standard hight, not lowered and has the FE2 setup and does NOT have rolled guards)

2. They were sold to me with 225/35/20s but the rim sits out slightly more then the tires (which I kinda don't like for gutter rash reasons)

3. I prefer the 245/30/20's just because they seem to protect the rim more, but I don't want issues with scrubbing or hitting struts, fouling springs or w/e.

If you guys need any information to help answer the questions let me know and ill do my best to provide it for you.

235 or 245 wide pending your offset. 30 profile for 20 inch rims otherwise 35 profile may see your speedo not reading correct speed...