Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what was that cluster from?

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
im not 100% sure it is a EA/EB needle but it does look bloody similar, only reason I said that is that its a solid metal item like ea/eb, but the holden ones are a transparent plastic one.

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
im not 100% sure it is a EA/EB needle but it does look bloody similar, only reason I said that is that its a solid metal item like ea/eb, but the holden ones are a transparent plastic one.
i find it so surprising how many people slag off about fords and don't even realize that there car probably has some parts made by ford and yeh they do look very smiler

Gosling1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore Series 1
I have one of those police clusters - should put it up on ebay I guess ?

Not sure how true this is, but apparently the coppers could turn off their lights, and the small light above the speedo (in the actual cluster), would stay on and keep a light on the speedo.....:whistling

If anyone here wants the police cluster, send me a pm. Its yours for $50 + postage.

cheers
Dave
:thumbsup:

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
no worse than the cabin light being made by ford i kid you not they are check for ya self

Yeah I have seen that before rob I was quite surprised when I had a look, I dont really have a problem with fords, I just dont think the needle suits the rest of the cluster..

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Yeah I have seen that before rob I was quite surprised when I had a look, I dont really have a problem with fords, I just dont think the needle suits the rest of the cluster..

oh i agree it looks wrong and i didn't meen it to come out like i was having ago at you you just bought up a good point about ford parts in holden that's all

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
no worse than the cabin light being made by ford i kid you not they are check for ya self

They're not made by Ford, they are made by an outside supplier for both Holden and Ford, so the part numbers for both makes appear on the lights.

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
oh i agree it looks wrong and i didn't meen it to come out like i was having ago at you you just bought up a good point about ford parts in holden that's all

No worries at all :thumbsup:
It's quite interesting though... especially when a lot of Holden fanatics don't like Ford :yeah:

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Calaber thats funny mine has ford stamped in it and its the same as the other vp i have and i understand ford docent make them appose to someone making them for ford ect

Last edited:

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
apparently the reason they use the EA/EB needle on cop clusters is that they are metal and more accurate.