Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what was that cluster from?

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Hey guy's i was looking on Ebay ages ago at replacement cluster's, as i'm after one with a tacho. While i was searching, i came across one, which looked a little different. This one had what looked like extra increments on both the tacho and speedo, and i havent come across one since, that looks like that one. Does anyone know what i'm talking about, and if so what model it was out of. Thanks, oh and it was either from a VN/VP...

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
IMG_1458Small.jpg

Viola!

Picked it up from the wreckers already removed so cant say what its from. All I know its from a VP because it has 1992 printed on the back. :) I had to move one wires position to get the left indicator arrow to work which I found quite bizarre. I was always told L1 and L2 clusters in VN/P's were directly interchangeable.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
yes thats it there. All the cluster's im seeing at the moment, dont have the little increments...Mines a series 2 Vp, and it doesnt have them, ive looked in Calais's aswell, and they didnt have them either, so i dont know what model it is out of. Were police cars fitted with extra increments? Thats all i can come up with at the moment, but i just hate refering to a part, as ex police, because if your wrong, you'll often get flamed for it lol

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
Its a Police cluster - 2km/h increments.

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Im thinking along the lines of S pack. It had the little globes in the back for a few other things like driving lights and what not, which on the exec clusters have stickers over the holes or no holes at all. Cant be from an SS because its a V6 cluster.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Yeah i figured it may have been a police cluster, hence the need for extra increments..If it is one, it's probably gonna be pretty hard to track one down. Probably should have bought the one i saw when i did. Azzfox, did you notice yours had extra increments on it when you bought it?

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Azzfox, did you notice yours had extra increments on it when you bought it?

Yep, was one of the reasons that made me buy it lol. I have seen them at the wreckers before though. Cant be that many wrecked ex-police cars floating around.

On another note, those L3 clusters are popping up all over the place! See more of them than decent L2's. I was planning to go L3 but couldnt go past this one. :)

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
i guess i'll just have to keep my eyes open, and if one comes up this time, to make sure i by it straight away.....

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
I think it's just a VP speedo.

Here is a VS BT1 cluster - note the different needle

Attachments

• vs_bt1.jpg
    vs_bt1.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 442