Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what wax to use

wez84

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv/vr calais V6 turbo oneday N/A Track car
that was actualy a less educated answer.....what hes saying is wax is the last step.

Actually read again and then go to Repco and look what the 3 Steps for the Mother wax is.

Its an answer to his question, not the BS left by the other "life coach", which didnt answer his questrion just ranted off on a tangent.

No its not BS it was a good post with good info
He was basically saying waxes can be a personal choice but if your not going to put in the prep work don't waste your money on top price stuff
And that waxing more to protect then make the car sparkle

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
1.What wax you use has far less impact on the condition of your paint than the quality of your prep process. Put a $300 wax on an oxidised or swirled car and it will still look swirled or oxidised. But put a $30 wax on a well prepped car and the results will be amazing.

2.Remember, waxes and sealants are just the protective layer - yes, they can add gloss or warmth or depth - but they are just the finishing step.

3.Having said that, what looks good on one colour may not look so flash on another. Durability, ease of application and budget also come into it.

Just to explain it for the 'doctor' (i'd hate to ever leave my life in your hands, just sayin')

1. No real point in spending over the top on wax if your not going to put a hell of a lot of effort in before hand. The cheaper brands are fine but let us know what else your using and we can help more? (just a little bit of info so the guy can keep the cash in his pocket) +1 point for tinny.

2. Just letting him know wax is not actually there to make the car look better, although it can. It is just there to protect. +1 point for tinny.

3. I'm not going to recommend a specific wax as i do not know your paint quality, colour, other products used etc.

All in all seems like a pretty usefull post in my eyes.

Tommo_27

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Its an answer to his question, not the BS left by the other "life coach", which didnt answer his questrion just ranted off on a tangent.

How is what Tin said 'BS' ? I'd take his advice over yours any day...

Anyways OP I use Dodo Juice wax. Not the cheapest stuff but when used on well prepd paint the results are amazing. Gives a great shine and awesome protection. Would recommend it :)

adr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
i use meguires NXT 2.0 similar to canubra wax were its just a sealant has no polishing compound in it. dont know if it is any good? check out their forum fair bit of info on there?

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
AND FOR A PROPER ANSWER......use Carnauba Wax, Mothers make a good one that comes in a 3 Step application, or if you dont need the 3 Steps use just the wax, available in all auto shops like Repco etc.

Actually read again and then go to Repco and look what the 3 Steps for the Mother wax is.

Umm.... 'Doc', did you happen to notice Tinsnips signature before shitting all over his comment? :doh:
He does this very thing for a living, and I always wait for his comment when it comes to threads of this nature, because its obvious he knows his ****.
You should remember things like that for the future. If someone makes money by the very advice they are giving, they certainly arent a "BS Life Coach" as you put it. :bop:

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
just wandering what wax or polish u guys use to keep ya ve sparkling, and car wash

And to answer the OP's questions.... I'm more into taking my time being anal about washing every single square cm of the car properly, and less concerned about the brands and their marketing at car shows and the like.
All I use is Polyglaze Autowash, then Polyglaze Bug & Tar to gently remove any stubborn tar marks (mind you if you keep car clean and polished you shouldnt need this very often at all as tar & bugs just wipe off), and then Polyglaze Diamond Finish gently buffed to provide UV and dirt protection (without cutting/harming my new paint). Is relatively cheap but does the job to a standard I'm very happy with.

I tried the real expensive brands years ago (Meguires etc), but I reckon they are a waste of money AND time. They'll get you to buy 5 different products that you have to apply one after the other to 'build layers'.... and in my opinion you cant see the difference when compared to just using that same amount of effort with cheaper products. I spend hours washing my car... much to the confusion of the mrs ;).

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
AND FOR A PROPER ANSWER......use Carnauba Wax, Mothers make a good one that comes in a 3 Step application, or if you dont need the 3 Steps use just the wax, available in all auto shops like Repco etc.
Why yo be sippin'??
aussie-haterade.gif

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I tried the real expensive brands years ago (Meguires etc),

I used to think Meguiers was expensive... until I saw some of the stuff sold by other companies. Wow, **** breaks your bank when you buy actual high end gear.

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition

funny how he does it for a living and your just joe blow that buys autobarn ****.

how is he a life coach? he didnt tell you how to root your wife did he? if you consider isntructions for maintaining the paint o your car life coaching then you sir have no life