Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what wax to use

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
i dont see how he was coaching anyone in that post

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
I used to think Meguiers was expensive... until I saw some of the stuff sold by other companies. Wow, **** breaks your bank when you buy actual high end gear.

That's true to an extent, I use dodo juice gear and sure it maybe pricey but you don't use as much to get a good result, and when I used cheap **** for my old vk seemed to use more

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Hi :wave:

Ok.. the "life coach for idiots" thing is a bit of fun and more a depiction of my view of the 'life coach' philosophy, not an indication of my reason for being here. I should really put an asterisk next to it or something for a disclaimer it seems...

The reason I posted what I did was not to be a smart arse or "rant off on a tangent" - it was to hopefully stop someone being disappointed when a product doesn't live up to the hype of its marketing - by offering a reason as to why it won't. If you look at the Magic Mother's 3 Step Programme For Automotive Greatness, as optioned by the good doctor, which consists of a chemical paint cleanser (step 1), a glaze (step 2) and carnauba wax (step 3). There's nothing wrong with it - if the paint on your car is in good condition. If the paint is crap, it will still be crap after going through those three steps. The cleaner has no cut, and is quite light - so will only remove very minor oxidation and water marks and have zero correction (swirl, marring, haze removal). It will however, remove old wax, various contaminants that should have really already been removed by a claying step which, incidentally, should be the first step after washing of the magic mother's ... whatever. The glaze, will gloss the paint up nicely, it will help to fill in or hide some minor imperfections - for at least a couple of washes - and that's about it until the fillers wash out. The third step, the carnauba wax, will help to seal in the fillers for a bit longer than 5 minutes and protect the paint from further damage - for maybe a month - ish. I am not putting the kit down - it does exactly what it is designed to do - which is a short term improvement - the same with basically everything marketed through places like repco, autobarn, etc. But if you're trying to revive a neglected finish, this is not the product range for you. To achieve real correction and long lasting results, you need to look towards products designed for this purpose - there is no miracle cure, as with everything else, you get out of it what you put in. Some products are easier to use than others. Some work better with some paint systems than others. However some of these products are quite aggressive - so care should be taken not to do more harm than good - there are techniques and methods for all processes - the biggest thing being a touch of common sense.

We're very lucky on this forum to have Car Care Products as a sponsor, as they are one of the few Australian companies who import and offer genuinely good car care gear. There are others - but given that CCP are sponsors, I will only mention them and their product lines here. It's worth having a look through their lines, reading the descriptions and the write ups done by CCP beneath each product - you will find it very informative - if your goal is to get the most out of your car's paint. Have a read through their section of this forum too, as there is an immense amount of info there.

I'm not trying to put anyone off the idea of caring for their car by writing this - far from it - it isn't very hard to maintain a car in reasonable condition (and it doesn't have to cost the earth or consume all the hours in your life) - but a little knowledge and understanding can go a long way. So to reiterate, it's not so much the products that are important but the prep and processes that will make the difference.

I could keep going - but would only be touching on the info that is in the CCP section of the forum - so just have a flick through that if you're interested. If not, you probably haven't got this far anyway. :rofl2:

I should point out, too, that I am in no way affiliated with CCP. I buy some of my gear from them and that is as far as it goes.

All the best.

The_Doctor

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series 2 Redline
Because i read the QUESTION, and it was

QUOTE "just wandering what wax or polish u guys use to keep ya ve sparkling, and car wash"

Now what part of that question did he answer? Think about it long and hard.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Used to use Maguires, worked well no complaint apart from a bit of effort required to buff off.

Then tried Mothers, better than Maguires imo and easier to remove, nice result.

Then got a sample bottle of Autoglym and wont be going back to Mothers again!!! Stuff is awesome in application, removal and finish.

The_Doctor

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series 2 Redline
Ha ha ha ha ha ha

Last edited:

The_Doctor

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series 2 Redline
funny how he does it for a living and your just joe blow that buys autobarn ****.

how is he a life coach? he didnt tell you how to root your wife did he? if you consider isntructions for maintaining the paint o your car life coaching then you sir have no life

Actually, its hard to take advice from someone who cleans cars for a living....aka a CLEANER

a job you get when you cant get a job

Mothers isnt Autobahn ****, its a independant product sold not only at Autobahn but car care shops all over the world.

My guess is you also buy Evian bottled water because it is way better than Mt Franklin, well it must be because it costs more and not sold at IGA.......its bloody water

NOW READ THE ORIGINAL QUESTION........I WOULD SWEAR ITS ASKING "WHAT WAX".......CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG, BUT IM NOT

Last edited:

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Now is that necessary? Really? I do what I do because I enjoy it and I'm good at it. I am not going to go into details of past life jobs, but i have had 'real jobs' and have opted to run my own business, for my own reasons. Reasons which I don't need to explain to you or anybody else.

I'm not asking you to take my advice, or even read what I write. If you don't like it, don't read it. Pretty simple, really. I'm sure even you can follow the concept if you really put your mind to it.

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
Actually, its hard to take advice from someone who cleans cars for a living....aka a CLEANER

a job you get when you cant get a job
Are you ####ing serious right now? Have you seen the work tinny does???
Pull ya head in mate, no one likes a rogue keyboard warrior

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Actually, a number of products I use cost less than the mothers gear you insist on pushing, because they don't have the expense of the advertising and marketing crap in order to sell snake oil. Where did I say that you have to buy expensive products to get good results???