Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what wax to use

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
I have been using my DODO Juice (Light Fantastic) for the last couple of waxes as I ran out of Meguiars carnauba (Yellow liquid in a bottle). Once the DODO is gone I won't be buying any more due to price and results "For my car" are the same as using Meguiars.

I have a white car so it realy doesn't matter which wax (of the well known brands) I use as I get the same results each time.

dmacey

Somebody, make me upset
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Series II Sedan Manual & a VK in the build
Is it me or are more and more members posts going down hill?

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Is it me or are more and more members posts going down hill?

It's just a sad old man who is rude and arrogant that got banned and clearly has no life other than to keep creating accounts to try and abuse members.

Wouldn't most of you be ashamed if your Dad got on a forum and acted like this?

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
The name change to Doctor Who was quite fitting as Im guessing hes so insignificant that nobody knows who he is.

"Doctor who?"

blasta1

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE
ya got it right ricey who is this clown ( not insulting the clowning profession neither ) a job for unskilled migrants he says well how come when i started my vehicle painting trade detailing cars was part of that trade would like his answer to that and tinsnips keep up the good work mate its a lot harder than people think to make paint look real pretty ,after 33 years in the trade i for one should know .

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Meanwhile the rest of us are mature adults....

blasta1

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE
good to see you were able to answer my question as to why we as apprentices back in the day were taught how to detail a car ,with a reply of same as why mechanics learn to vacum and paint tyres black so why do they learn how to do these things , most probably because morons like your self have no idea is why .

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Anyhoo - something sort of relevant to the thread. Should I use a wax only or if I apply a sealant over the top will it last a lot longer??? If so, recommendations??? The cars in question both have excellent paint and it's more a question of preservation rather than correction.

Reaper

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Other way around. Synthetic sealant would need to go on first and be allowed to cure. Then you can either layer the sealant or top with a wax of your choice. The wax will help the sealant to last longer and will also add to the depth and warmth of the appearance, depending on colour.

So as an example, you could apply a coat or two of Duragloss 111 or Wolf's bodywrap and top with a wax of your choice (products listed are from CCP). DG and Wolf's products are different in their make-up but for the purpose of comparison, both are synthetic and both will need to cure before being topped with a wax. Bodywrap would be the longer-lasting of the two. If you go with the bodywrap, I would suggest an IPA or prepsol wipe-down as it's critical that it's allowed to bond directly to the paint - I would do this whether you choose to use a chem cleanse, polish or nothing else before it.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I have already applied wax to my car ever 3 - 4 months So I need to apply a cleaner properly??? Not sure I really want to let prepsol anywhere near my car if I can help it :)

Thanks for the advice anyway.

Reaper