Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What wheel looks better

connors

Reaction score
Members Ride
HDT Commodore VK SS Group 3
Hey Guys,

I have two Commodores a 4.2 VB SLE and a HDT VK LM5000. The LM5000s were a car made between the VH Group 3 and the VK SS so they were fitted with the Irmscher wheels similar to the HDT VC and VH SS Group 3 except the finish was machined and the edges were blacked out.

Having given a little history about the LM5000 model, the VB I own has a nice set of Simmons wheels and I trial fitted them to the VK. What I am after are your thoughts. Do I keep the original LM5000 wheels on the VK or do I run with the Simmons wheels? The VB doesn't lose out as the Brock wheels or the Simmons wheels suit the car either way. Over on one of the Brock forums peoples opinions are divided between the Simmons looking good and the Irmscher wheels being original.

The following are the VK in standard HDT form,

img0432w.jpg

And with the Simmons wheels,

img0465rp.jpg

and for interests sake the VB with Simmons,

rhrt.jpg

and with the Irmscher wheels,

img0472fz.jpg

The VB has also lost the white pin stripe as shown in one photos and now has a factory gold stripe. And the kean eyes will notice a VC grille.

Cheers

connors

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lol, that's the problem. I really like the Simmons but I keep thinking I should keep the LM close to original. (Even though I am not a fan of the machined Irmscher rims,) I am thinking I might have to keep both sets of rims and when I sell the VB just buy some nice mags for it.

Cheers

jcvhsle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh Sle 4.2, ve SSZ z wagon
you have answered your own question with the best answer. keep all, change to suit your mood when you want but keep the originality. simmons for me, but i have a set of simmons v5, vl walky, polished originals and 1 original set for my sle to suit my mood and look i want at the time

connors

Reaction score
Members Ride
you have answered your own question with the best answer. keep all, change to suit your mood when you want but keep the originality. simmons for me, but i have a set of simmons v5, vl walky, polished originals and 1 original set for my sle to suit my mood and look i want at the time

I reckon your right.

Cheers

180sc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais & vh sl
Lol, that's the problem. I really like the Simmons but I keep thinking I should keep the LM close to original. (Even though I am not a fan of the machined Irmscher rims,) I am thinking I might have to keep both sets of rims and when I sell the VB just buy some nice mags for it.

Cheers

I think thats the best way for sure that way you can change when you want.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
VB and simmons, Vk and originals wheels..

sorry but the VK with the simmons looks like an old skyline..