Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What will be the next car brand to leave Australia?

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
But they now own Opel.
Well there goes Opel. Give it a few years and they will be making complete and utter shite just like Jeep!

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
If Stellanris leaves, those who own ZB commodores may loose another avenue for spare parts :(
There’s no avenue for parts from them anyway. Fiat/Jeep/Chrysler are notorious for making their customers take out second mortgages just to afford their parts and fuking over their customers.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
There’s no avenue for parts from them anyway. Fiat/Jeep/Chrysler are notorious for making their customers take out second mortgages just to afford their parts and fuking over their customers.
Well not quite true…

I’m sure there is an avenue for parts, just need a proctology exam afterwards :eek::p:p:p

blackvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SS ute, VZ SS crewman, VYSS, VX SS, VTSS
Brand to leave ........ anything Stellantis.
Brand to replace it ....... anything Chinese.

I found this an interesting read ........ https://www.whichcar.com.au/features/inside-the-dragon-the-ningde-mg-factory

Whatever you may think about Chinese cars, they will be the 'next big thing', and Australian car buyers may not have much of an alternative choice if they don't like them.
I can't see how a new 2023 Holden (if there was such a thing, EV or ICE ) being able to compete with this sort of manufacturing, which is all part of the CCP State. I don't find the cars particularly exciting or desirable at all
girl at work was so happy to pick up her new mg 6 months ago, power steering whines more than a old vs commodores with 400k on it and she hasnt done 10k yet, build quality from certain brands is terrible inc teslas body panel gaps

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Good Jeep parts, go after market.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Bloke I worked with, that is about 20years ago, bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee at the time that Chrysler/Jeep were making a big Australian comeback and sales push.
He was so happy with it ( for a while ) until things started to fail and fall off, and Jeep couldn't / wouldn't get the required warranty parts.
About 2 years later, he traded it on a BMW X5. And continued to have the same sort of problems. A couple of years later, he sold it in frustration and bought a motorbike.
When he did this, he calculated how much he had spent and lost over the ownership period, in $$$ per day. I have forgotten what it was, but it was well over $100 per day.
His comment was "How stupid have I been".

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
About 2 years later, he traded it on a BMW X5.
Talk about jumping from the frying pan into the fire! There really is no helping some people, they insist on buying cars from manufacturers that are famous for fuking over their clientele then wonder why it all goes pear shaped!

bought a motorbike.
Lemme guess, he bought a KTM!

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
girl at work was so happy to pick up her new mg 6 months ago, power steering whines more than a old vs commodores with 400k on it and she hasnt done 10k yet, build quality from certain brands is terrible inc teslas body panel gaps
Guy from works Mrs bought a plug in hybrid MG around last Christmas. The charging system doesn't work, never worked. They have been driving it on petrol the whole time HA. Taking it back under warranty has so far been a waste of time. I wouldn't touch one with a pole!

blackvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SS ute, VZ SS crewman, VYSS, VX SS, VTSS
In recent times we've had Infiniti, now Holden leave the Australian market.
With an overcrowded, cutthroat marketplace, rapidly falling sales and a poor economic outlook, I'm tipping Holden won't be the last to exit.
So what other brands could be on the brink?
Misses bought a q50 infiniti, strange how car makers can make a brilliant car but cant market it well or price well. one of the best cars i've driven re handling, merc 2l turbo power and gearbox work so well.

Ive wondered how Mitsubishi keeps going with its outdated offerings and pulling out of china is a big statement which will affect future development for Aust.