Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what will happen...

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
ok, so ive got a twin throttle body manifold, but im worried about what will happen to my transmission characteristics if i bolt it up and dont re-tune the memcal.
i am gettin a dyno tune soon, so it wouldnt be left untuned for too long...but ive heard some stories about oversized t/b or twin t/b causing issues with the 4L60E. im imagining the shift points would be all out of wack because the TPS would be giving a reading, but the amount of air let in would be alot more than its telling the pcm.
im just guessing here, but if anyone knows from experience with this sort of thing and could help me out id appreciate it. i just want to know whether its going to be ok (as in, not a pig to drive) for me to bolt up the twin t/b manifold now and drive it around untill i get it all dyno tuned up in a couple of weeks or so.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
no one?...what happened to all these people who say they have a 70mm,etc.. t/b? anyone with an auto from VR onwards, if you've change your stock t/b, i just want to hear what/if anything happened with your transmission when you did.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
cheers for the link slundy, made for some good reading. shame he didnt have an auto, im worried about how the auto 'box is going to react to all this.

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
cheers for the link slundy, made for some good reading. shame he didnt have an auto, im worried about how the auto 'box is going to react to all this.

Damn, didnt think about that. How stupid do I look......

Anyways you should still be doing around the same revs with either 1 or 2 tb,s no matter how open the throttle is. There for the tps should still work the same.
(hope you understood that, dont know how to explain it....)

smaddock

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Executive S2
Do you have the VS ECU? When I was running a VS ECU (in my VS Ecotec) and fitted a 68mm throttle body, the tranny was shifting a little earlier that normal so I'd assume with twin throttles it will be quite bad.

I've now got a VR ECU running my ecotec, and have just fitted twin throttles from the single 68mm throttle body, and it didn't really effect it that much. Not sure why as I thought it would have been way out. Maybe the VR ECU's are less sensitive to it... Thats my experience anyway.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
thats cool slundy, i appreciate your help none the less.
smaddock, at the moment it has the delco...in a few weeks ill be fitting up my microtec and getting it dyno tuned.
it doesnt bother me that much if its only a small issue with the box, but if its going to be a absolute pig to drive and have shift points all over the place ill just put it on the day before i get it dynoed...im just feeling impatient and want to bolt it up now, lol.

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
IMO theres only one way to find out;)

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
IMO theres only one way to find out;)

lol, true...but im a lazy bastard! so i dont wanna have to take it off again if it runs like crap untuned. but yeah, ill just have to see...