Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What will i need for my fog light installation?

Ando2694

Waghoon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Wags
Hey fellas,

Recently bought a VX SS front bar and purchased some foggies for it off ebay.

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

My question is when the foglights get here on monday (hopefully), what will i need to install them? I know im going to need a relay and ive been told to buy looms aswell, but im just checking with you guys who have done it before.

Killr6

tutut
Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR6T
yeah you need a realy, looms, the dash switch.

but just take your dash off and under your headlight plug see if there is another one (for the foggies) and if its there is all the wiring is all ready there, and will save you heaps of time.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
You will be able to see the plugs for the lights taped up under the front bar .Just note that there is another plug on the passenger side but that is for another horn and it has a different plug. You will also have to install a relay . Have a look at the fuse box under the bonnet on the drivers side and you will see on the diagram there it lives.
If you don't want to pay $50-60 bucks for a switch you can incorporate a simple toggle switch into the factory plug without cutting any wires .

Ando2694

Waghoon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Wags
well im pretty sure that there isnt already any previous wiring for foglights, the car is an ex cop car so im pretty sure they have had spotlights mounted on top of the car. Im going to have to buy the relay aswell