Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What will you buy?

Discussion in 'VF Holden Commodore (2013 - 2017)' started by VFSV6FORME, Mar 2, 2020.

1. VFSV6FORME

VFSV6FORME Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VF SV6 STORM Series 1, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
    I want to ask guys at to what would you buy? Would you buy a 2013 My14 Caprice V with all the Bells and Whistles OR Would you buy the same age car a 2013 My14 Redline. I appeal to any of them, My son Loves the Caprice (he owns a WH Stateman) but I always like the Redline and never had the cash at the time to buy it in CASH.
    I nearly 70 young but I like both cars so what would you get. Yes the Caprice V is a v8 too.

2. 426Cuda

426Cuda SUBLIME!

Members Ride:
    VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
    Do you want a really great drivers car, or a really nice luxury limo with a few extra bells and whistles? I know which one i'd prefer. Coz i already have one. The 2013 VF Redline with a few little mods is a great car in my view. I just can't bring myself to sell mine, nearly 7 years on.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
    Clay1391, RED LION, Ponza and 2 others like this.
  3. crew chief

crew chief Member

Members Ride:
    WK Stato with blurred plates
    Tough choice, I went the redline.

4. Holden17

Holden17 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
    I can understand your son with a Statesman hankering after a Caprice V V8..that’s only natural.
    As you have an SV6 (i’m assuming) I can understand you hankering after a Redline...again only natural.
    So, yes, tough choice but who are you buying it for?...I think you will always be wondering about the Redline if you don’t go for it...
    (I don’t think a 2013 CapriceV has the interior VF update has it?..if that matters to you..)

5. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    I'd go the Redline.

These cars are big enough without going LWB.

6. Forg

Forg Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
    It may not be all about the interior size, could also be the comfort. If I'm totally honest, the Redline is a bit too firm for Sydney's pot-holed roads, Holdens have never been great for resisting the onset of interior rattles but when that interior is being jarred every 20 seconds it leads to the car feeling & sounding old too early.

I'd drive both, and try to do that on roads typical of normal usage. I don't think there's a loser between the two.

I will say, though, that I would expect the Caprice to be considerably cheaper. If it's not, mebbe I'm wrong but I thought they were way cheaper than a Redline - check what others are going for.

VS 5.0 likes this.
  7. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    Agree, but I was talkng more about exterior size. For example, my VE only just fits in my garage.

8. VFSV6FORME

Members Ride:
    Yes the 2013 MY14 Caprice has the exact interior like the last VF 2017 Commodores have. Im surprised that the 2013 MY 14 Caprice has push button start and Head Up Display.

9. VFSV6FORME

Members Ride:
    Yes I can get a 2013 MY14 Caprce V with the same K's as the Redline and the average price from the Redline is about $14,000 More. I found one really good Caprice V that in good nic and can get it for $20,000 or even under as the guy pull the number out of his head without me asking him to do it (original Price was $21,320) Most Dealers or even private want $27,000 to $30,000 for the Caprice V AND when it come to the Redline I have very few to select (that make it harder) but most that look like new with around 60,000 to 100,000K's goes for around $32,000. My SV6 Drive harder and and feels the bumps but yet my repaired VE Anniversity on the same road drive like its on water with new front and rear ends in it
    OOOO yea I have been doing my Homework for this. I found 2 2013 MY14 Redline and they are good but short of cash about $2 to 3k more that I have but can save it i two months or so

10. VFSV6FORME

Members Ride:
    The Caprice V will fit in my 4 car Garage, The house was built by a WA Mob, these days the max you can get is 3 car garage so 4 is very good and little deeper too.

VS 5.0 likes this.
  11. VFSV6FORME

Members Ride:
    Yes the Redbook prove this to be true. A few around Caprice V little 2013 MY 14 Redline. Some are selling for around $35,000 thats to much for our budget. Also the Redline has FE3 Suspension so that would be harder on out Roads. Again the VE Anniversity is a pleasure to drive with new Struts front and rear New stabilizer pins and some other bushes too. It drive like its on water. It must have a very soft Suspension to do this.

12. greenacc

greenacc Searching for the billion

Members Ride:
    VE Berlina
    Really just depends what driving you like to do. If you only putt around like grandma then I'd say get the fancy grandpa car the Caprice to suit. But if you like driving at 200 km/h and plan to do at least 1 track day in it just to tick that box off your bucket list then maybe stretch to the redline. There's nothing worse in my opinion than having a race horse stuck in a stable or little courtyard!

13. VFSV6FORME

Members Ride:
    I Tested my Son over two months. Last week I had a Super Big Go at him as inside his Statesman was Filthy FILTHY!!!, Coke can everywhere, Food Chips on the seats, SHI.T Everywhere, I said to him dont think you will get any of my cars when I'm DEAD. You Disgust me, you rented house is like a SHI.T House. He Blame his Girlfriend for this as she is not our Favorite Person. I said do you have Balls get stuct to her and the way she treats the house and your car but unfortunately my Son no Balls to tell he as she is the Man in the house.

mpower, VS 5.0 and figjam like this.
  14. VFSV6FORME

Members Ride:
    Very ,very True
    I retired from the Drag Days as I closely to be 70 year soon. I spend 15 Years drag Racing at Castlereagh in Sydney + Calder. Like both Cars but as it stands I have so Far 4 CARS As I sold the VF Sv6 storm.

15. figjam

figjam Donating Member

Members Ride:
    Monaro CV8, Cross 6 Crewman, Territory Ghia.
    I didn't realise we have the same son :(.
    He does have the balls, but the problem is that she has a very tight grip on them. :eek: (sorta like the 'Short and Curlies' by the Stones)

VS 5.0 likes this.
  16. [paradox]

[paradox] Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF2 SSV-R
    i dont think the caprice would fit in my garage.
    i also dont think id need a car that big, i got the redline.

17. VFSV6FORME

Members Ride:
    Haaa love it, Yes My Son is under the Thumb and even if he raises his voice to her as she does nothing during the day (plays Play station) and leave the house dirty and leave the Baby with dirty Nappies and when My son come home from finding A job my son says Are you cooking for tonight NO whist she is playing Play station and when he Complain as he off for 4 to 6 hours a day he complain to her as it not far that has to do centerlink stuff and cook at home she plays the female Card trick to him I wish he tell her to truck off.

18. VFSV6FORME

Members Ride:
    Well kept it simple. I have contacted 4 Redline owners either Private or car yard and all of them has been Modified. One only has a Exhaust done ONLY but other have OTR and I suspect the are MAFLESS which is illegal here in QLD. Yes they tell me to drive 250K to see if it has the Maf sensor. The Caprice V is Looking Good by the minute. I want a Redline that is standard.

19. tml678

tml678 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    HSV30 Senator (w/end), '00 Magna, '17 Carnival
    I love me a good Caprice personally. But if I were you I'd wait until a series II with the LS3 is within budget. Newer car, better engine.

20. Forg

Forg Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
    LS3 Caprice wouldn't be much (if at all) more than a Series I Redline?