Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What will you buy?

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
I want to ask guys at to what would you buy? Would you buy a 2013 My14 Caprice V with all the Bells and Whistles OR Would you buy the same age car a 2013 My14 Redline. I appeal to any of them, My son Loves the Caprice (he owns a WH Stateman) but I always like the Redline and never had the cash at the time to buy it in CASH.
I nearly 70 young but I like both cars so what would you get. Yes the Caprice V is a v8 too.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Do you want a really great drivers car, or a really nice luxury limo with a few extra bells and whistles? I know which one i'd prefer. Coz i already have one. The 2013 VF Redline with a few little mods is a great car in my view. I just can't bring myself to sell mine, nearly 7 years on.

Last edited:

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
I want to ask guys at to what would you buy? Would you buy a 2013 My14 Caprice V with all the Bells and Whistles OR Would you buy the same age car a 2013 My14 Redline. I appeal to any of them, My son Loves the Caprice (he owns a WH Stateman) but I always like the Redline and never had the cash at the time to buy it in CASH.
I nearly 70 young but I like both cars so what would you get. Yes the Caprice V is a v8 too.
I can understand your son with a Statesman hankering after a Caprice V V8..that’s only natural.
As you have an SV6 (i’m assuming) I can understand you hankering after a Redline...again only natural.
So, yes, tough choice but who are you buying it for?...I think you will always be wondering about the Redline if you don’t go for it...
(I don’t think a 2013 CapriceV has the interior VF update has it?..if that matters to you..)

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I'd go the Redline.

These cars are big enough without going LWB.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I'd go the Redline.

These cars are big enough without going LWB.
It may not be all about the interior size, could also be the comfort. If I'm totally honest, the Redline is a bit too firm for Sydney's pot-holed roads, Holdens have never been great for resisting the onset of interior rattles but when that interior is being jarred every 20 seconds it leads to the car feeling & sounding old too early.

I'd drive both, and try to do that on roads typical of normal usage. I don't think there's a loser between the two.

I will say, though, that I would expect the Caprice to be considerably cheaper. If it's not, mebbe I'm wrong but I thought they were way cheaper than a Redline - check what others are going for.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
It may not be all about the interior size

Agree, but I was talkng more about exterior size. For example, my VE only just fits in my garage.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
(I don’t think a 2013 CapriceV has the interior VF update has it?..if that matters to you..)
Yes the 2013 MY14 Caprice has the exact interior like the last VF 2017 Commodores have. Im surprised that the 2013 MY 14 Caprice has push button start and Head Up Display.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
It may not be all about the interior size, could also be the comfort. If I'm totally honest, the Redline is a bit too firm for Sydney's pot-holed roads, Holdens have never been great for resisting the onset of interior rattles but when that interior is being jarred every 20 seconds it leads to the car feeling & sounding old too early.

I'd drive both, and try to do that on roads typical of normal usage. I don't think there's a loser between the two.

I will say, though, that I would expect the Caprice to be considerably cheaper. If it's not, mebbe I'm wrong but I thought they were way cheaper than a Redline - check what others are going for.

Yes I can get a 2013 MY14 Caprce V with the same K's as the Redline and the average price from the Redline is about $14,000 More. I found one really good Caprice V that in good nic and can get it for $20,000 or even under as the guy pull the number out of his head without me asking him to do it (original Price was $21,320) Most Dealers or even private want $27,000 to $30,000 for the Caprice V AND when it come to the Redline I have very few to select (that make it harder) but most that look like new with around 60,000 to 100,000K's goes for around $32,000. My SV6 Drive harder and and feels the bumps but yet my repaired VE Anniversity on the same road drive like its on water with new front and rear ends in it
OOOO yea I have been doing my Homework for this. I found 2 2013 MY14 Redline and they are good but short of cash about $2 to 3k more that I have but can save it i two months or so

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Agree, but I was talkng more about exterior size. For example, my VE only just fits in my garage.
The Caprice V will fit in my 4 car Garage, The house was built by a WA Mob, these days the max you can get is 3 car garage so 4 is very good and little deeper too.