Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What will you buy?

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
I will say, though, that I would expect the Caprice to be considerably cheaper. If it's not, mebbe I'm wrong but I thought they were way cheaper than a Redline - check what others are going for.
Yes the Redbook prove this to be true. A few around Caprice V little 2013 MY 14 Redline. Some are selling for around $35,000 thats to much for our budget. Also the Redline has FE3 Suspension so that would be harder on out Roads. Again the VE Anniversity is a pleasure to drive with new Struts front and rear New stabilizer pins and some other bushes too. It drive like its on water. It must have a very soft Suspension to do this.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
The Caprice V will fit in my 4 car Garage, The house was built by a WA Mob, these days the max you can get is 3 car garage so 4 is very good and little deeper too.
Really just depends what driving you like to do. If you only putt around like grandma then I'd say get the fancy grandpa car the Caprice to suit. But if you like driving at 200 km/h and plan to do at least 1 track day in it just to tick that box off your bucket list then maybe stretch to the redline. There's nothing worse in my opinion than having a race horse stuck in a stable or little courtyard!

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
So, yes, tough choice but who are you buying it for?...

I Tested my Son over two months. Last week I had a Super Big Go at him as inside his Statesman was Filthy FILTHY!!!, Coke can everywhere, Food Chips on the seats, SHI.T Everywhere, I said to him dont think you will get any of my cars when I'm DEAD. You Disgust me, you rented house is like a SHI.T House. He Blame his Girlfriend for this as she is not our Favorite Person. I said do you have Balls get stuct to her and the way she treats the house and your car but unfortunately my Son no Balls to tell he as she is the Man in the house.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Really just depends what driving you like to do. If you only putt around like grandma then I'd say get the fancy grandpa car the Caprice to suit. But if you like driving at 200 km/h and plan to do at least 1 track day in it just to tick that box off your bucket list then maybe stretch to the redline. There's nothing worse in my opinion than having a race horse stuck in a stable or little courtyard!
Very ,very True
I retired from the Drag Days as I closely to be 70 year soon. I spend 15 Years drag Racing at Castlereagh in Sydney + Calder. Like both Cars but as it stands I have so Far 4 CARS As I sold the VF Sv6 storm.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I didn't realise we have the same son :(.
He does have the balls, but the problem is that she has a very tight grip on them. :eek: (sorta like the 'Short and Curlies' by the Stones)

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
i dont think the caprice would fit in my garage.
i also dont think id need a car that big, i got the redline.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I didn't realise we have the same son :(.
He does have the balls, but the problem is that she has a very tight grip on them. :eek: (sorta like the 'Short and Curlies' by the Stones)
Haaa love it, Yes My Son is under the Thumb and even if he raises his voice to her as she does nothing during the day (plays Play station) and leave the house dirty and leave the Baby with dirty Nappies and when My son come home from finding A job my son says Are you cooking for tonight NO whist she is playing Play station and when he Complain as he off for 4 to 6 hours a day he complain to her as it not far that has to do centerlink stuff and cook at home she plays the female Card trick to him I wish he tell her to truck off.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well kept it simple. I have contacted 4 Redline owners either Private or car yard and all of them has been Modified. One only has a Exhaust done ONLY but other have OTR and I suspect the are MAFLESS which is illegal here in QLD. Yes they tell me to drive 250K to see if it has the Maf sensor. The Caprice V is Looking Good by the minute. I want a Redline that is standard.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
I love me a good Caprice personally. But if I were you I'd wait until a series II with the LS3 is within budget. Newer car, better engine.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I love me a good Caprice personally. But if I were you I'd wait until a series II with the LS3 is within budget.
LS3 Caprice wouldn't be much (if at all) more than a Series I Redline?