Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What will you buy?

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Total over reaction from an objective perspective....
Let this happen to you at least 50 times in the last few years and will get sick of it. I have told everyone on this forum ANY ALL FORUMS with my health issue Mainly the stokes I had and the issue I have but still get the odd person commenting of my grammar or spelling to a point that people on this and other and have even PM me and said to me "Did you ever got to School" or even worse.
Enough is Enough.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
The quality of posts/posters these days seems to resemble 2020 Holden...

Aaaaaaaanyway. The Caprice is just too big IMO so I’d look at a Calais V

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Let this happen to you at least 50 times in the last few years and will get sick of it. I have told everyone on this forum ANY ALL FORUMS with my health issue Mainly the stokes I had and the issue I have but still get the odd person commenting of my grammar or spelling to a point that people on this and other and have even PM me and said to me "Did you ever got to School" or even worse.
Enough is Enough.

You can not reasonably expect that in an online forum where level of anonimity is high, an average person should reasonably presume that spelling errors are most likely due to multiple strokes or some other serious medical condition. The more likely assumption is that a person on the other end is just **** speller. I certainly did not know.

Now that we know your circumstances, I am sure that nobody reasonable would continue to do it with that knowledge...
Magnum PI and and the rest of it in absence of evidence that the person knew your circumstances is unwarranted and an overreaction.

I empathise with your circumstances but this is just a risk you take in an online forum. Be prepared for it and accept it. Ignoring it often creates less drama...

Last edited:

mitweiler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V S1 6L
I was tossing up between CapriceV, CalaisV and Redline... decided to go the CalaisV .. maybe that's an option for you too.

Deucefanny

Reaction score
Members Ride
17 VFII Redline
Redline. Awesome fun and still have a few luxuries. Well the 2017 does anyway, not sure of the earlier Redlines.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
You can not reasonably expect that in an online forum where level of anonimity is high, an average person should reasonably presume that spelling errors are most likely due to multiple strokes or some other serious medical condition. The more likely assumption is that a person on the other end is just **** speller. I certainly did not know.

Now that we know your circumstances, I am sure that nobody reasonable would continue to do it with that knowledge...
Magnum PI and and the rest of it in absence of evidence that the person knew your circumstances is unwarranted and an overreaction.

I empathise with your circumstances but this is just a risk you take in an online forum. Be prepared for it and accept it. Ignoring it often creates less drama...
Yese agereeas this hasshappeed plertry timesbefpre.
Now after correction it is.
I tried to get special programs to help me type but the trouble is I cant speak probably to make it work
Yes I agree as this has happened before by people running me down and I sick of the keyboard warriors.
The Biggest issue I have is I think of a Word to type and when I type it in using one finger I type the wrong letter OR Continually forget to gave a space here and there. The other issue I have is I think of the word and before I type it I have forgotten it or forget it it galf way in typing it , ITS FRUSTRATING. Grammar Forgot that! Before the Main Stroke I can Speak English perfectly, Speak Italian and Maltese can read but always had trouble of the writing as not enough of practice, also use multi fingers and two hands intypingbituse ( shi.t where did that word come out of) NOW FORGET ITALIAN read and write and speak, FORGET Maltese read and write and speak, Forget to speak English as its about 20% off what it was before @ 100%.
I lost all of this in two seconds with multible brain bleeds (Cerebral Micro Bleeds) One was a the size of a 20 cent coin found by a MRI.
Yet In Electronic I'm Extremely good I have the best Satellite system at out house not seen by anyone. Know one has a system like mine. Over 9 Dishes A room full of Professional Monitor, Plenty of the Best decoders that are available today and a Computer room that is dedicated for my Sat System. Yes that Part of my Brain has not had head trauma.

Took me 40 minutes to type this.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Do you type it in WORD first, then do a COPY/PASTE to the thread, or just type to the thread ?
I do most of my comments via WORD, gives me time to correct grammar, check composition, then think if what I have written makes sense, or perhaps I should just forget it and delete it.
Not having a go, just curious about how you post.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@VFSV6FORME, one can only admire the strength you’ve shown in overcoming the health issues you’ve suffered. I have my own issues but they seem trivial in comparison, so I can only hope if I ever have such health issues, I’d be able to cope and push through the difficulty and improve to the level you have. Cheers to you.

Now I know advertising your issue isn’t ideal, but have you considered adding a signature to your account so that it appears on the bottom of your posts. The signature can be a heads up on your condition and will help new forum members to better understand the condition (like the FTA TV commercials we have been seeing recently).

Something like “Holden lover. Stroke survivor. Relearnt to walk, talk, spell and write. Cut me some slack or take a hike”

You can add the signature by clicking your name and selecting signature typing a short message and saving.

All the best to you.

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
Back on topic, Will I buy a WN Caprice or a Redline with some losers Money
While you may have some issues causing your lack of written skills, it's unlikely it's causing your narcissistic personality towards other people. You openly write off your son, write off his girlfriend and expect the next "loser" to pay for your car. And while I'm on the topic of your next car, if you are so susceptible to heart attacks, brain bleeds, strokes and paralysed in one arm, have issues with memory and thought process and have compromised motor skills and coordination, how the hell do you still have a license?
Why are you even allowed to be on the road driving, let alone a V8.

Last edited: