Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what window tint do u have?!?

digger747

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
Im currently lookin to get window tint i got a price of $330 down here in wollongong for any % and kinda tint i want so , so just wondering what % people have and different looking tints

cheers james

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
$330 is about what you would expect to pay, to have a shop do it, however ring a few mobile tinters, and you should find it's a lot cheaper..I had mine done for $220, i think it was, but some are as low as $160-180...As far as darkness level, i went for 5%, i would never pay for that 35%legal crap, it's about as useful as flipping down your sun visor..5% is good, pretty dark at night, but you get used to it pretty quick.. If your really keen to go super dark, some places make a 2% tint...

And there's different types of film too obviously, i went for the metal film, but i dont really think it suits, i think the dye based film, suits older cars better, and the metal tint being more suited to a modern car....Anyways that's just my opinion, i'll try and throw up a picture of what my tint looks like..

Attachments

• DSCF1243.jpg
    DSCF1243.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 895

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
I've got 17.5%. Can get it for a sedan down here in melbourne for $265 from memory. Personally i think 17.5% is dark enough for most people, 5% is really dark and not needed so much. If you get a layer of 17.5% now and then 5% later it works out to be like 3% tint! I'm thinking about doing that in future. But if your on your P's then definatly dont go 5% unless you want to end up in defect land.

Pics can be found here: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...87727-so-my-cars-being-tinted.html#post971320

Actually, that topic is pretty good showing you many different tints. Also, so you know the 15% tint is actually 17.5% but people call it 15% because there is really not much of a difference at all between them to the naked eye.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Don't know what % it is but I've had Tint-a-car's "formula 1" on a couple of commodores and it has a 25 year warranty. Midnight express is the darkest legal that they do but only has 10 year warranty- what the? The bloke showed me the samples and like he said there is stuff all difference between the two but he used f1 on his car. I know my car would be lucky to last 25 years but i suppose f1 is better quality.

bj42turbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Executive
I have 5% tint my Commodore,
20% on the wife's Jackaroo
On my van I have 5% rear area and 15% front although the front now has 5%
$200 (commodore) Tempa's Tint but he's in Vic. He has done my last few cars.

DSCF4676.jpg

kara1.jpg

100_1683.jpg

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
To add to what VYMAD said, Tint Professor offer a lifetime warranty on all vehicle tints [not sure about home tints]. That is for whatever percent and even metallic tints [designed for black cars].