Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Wins

Y

young_gun

Which wins in (0-100km/h) and 400m,
Out of a VT v6 Manual,
VS v6 Auto
VR v6 Auto

All Stock

CommodoreChick

Resident Female Bevan
Reaction score
Members Ride
1985 VK
Yeah the VT.... Firstly cos it newer, and secondly cos its a manual

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
My VY... :D

(Yay, I can win against 6 bangers!)

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
vr auto,

the vt is the echo tech, it weights more]
the vs, first of echo techs, pos if you ask me
the vr, last of the buick v6, vr will win over the vt, which will win over the vs

=Calais v8=

Holden Tech Apprentice
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII 5.0L Calais, 13b ae71
is it true that the VR Buick and VS Ecotech both have the same 1/4 time?

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Power to weight!

The VR and VS are about 180 Kg lighter than the VT.

The VS and the VT have the same engine. I personally doubt that the VT manual would make up for this weight penalty over the VS auto. But it might be close.

The Buick V6 had a very abrupt part throttle response (good for wheel spins), which IMHO is the reason some say that that engine had more low down torque.

With the Ecotech, this abrupt response was "tamed". However, on the torque and power curves the Ecotech was in front at all RPM.

Thus I would expect a VS auto to beat a VR auto, all other things being equal.

Now if we are talking VR and VS manuals, there is the added question of gear ratios, which are much better for responsiveness in the VS S2, which have the Getrag manual transmission.

C

Cubby

In regards to your signature Jamie. I can tell you that those 200 sxs' [third 2 down] and I think there's a GTO there too would most probably cain your ride. Mind you, I don't know what your ride is, but I sincerely doubt that you'd have something even worthy of my ride. I've got a worked GT Coupe so I can back my words up with my past experiances, being that I have been beaten very badly by 200 sxs' b4 and I got beaten by a GTO by about a car, and 'no' I'm not a **** driver. I've had my GT for at least a year now I am now giving serious thought to selling it.

C

Cubby

VS would win out of the three. Mind you I used to have a VT 98 [stock] and I dragged my mates VS after he had put an exaust on it and I beat him by about a car and a half [don't ask my how, he actually beat me off the mark AND I did a **** launch] but then I crept up and steadily past him. We dragged to about 200 ks and I ended up beating him by about a car and a half.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Cubby said:
In regards to your signature Jamie. I can tell you that those 200 sxs' [third 2 down] and I think there's a GTO there too would most probably cain your ride. Mind you, I don't know what your ride is, but I sincerely doubt that you'd have something even worthy of my ride. I've got a worked GT Coupe so I can back my words up with my past experiances, being that I have been beaten very badly by 200 sxs' b4 and I got beaten by a GTO by about a car, and 'no' I'm not a **** driver. I've had my GT for at least a year now I am now giving serious thought to selling it.

GT?
Mondo GT?
CSV Mondo GT?

Who cares how fast your car is or who you can beat, there will always be someone out there faster who can beat you.. so I say why bother lol.. and besides, we're laughing at how stupid the cars look, performance doesn't come into it at all.. rice is all about stupid looking cars.. I'm sure some of those cars are quite fast but meh

And do you honestly think a car with a kitchen table grafted to the boot could beat anyone?
053031.jpg