Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What wires are these?

cypher967

HSV VT 5.0 195i
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore S
I've almost finished my Trip Computer wiring loom but I have it a stump, Im not sure where to put these last two wires. when i tested the new loom the buttons for the desmt,A/C,hazard and foglights wont light up at all, and the selt belt light and airbad lights on the dash as soon as i sitch on the lights. And my curise control no longer works either i must of done something to it.

Trip computer switch: Brown/White
Foglight : Brown/White

Cheers
Ben

J

jc58nc

Ben the trip computer switch's brown/white wire is the dashboard light in the switch and is joined into the harness brown/white at Connector 125 pin 7, Connector 125 is the one that has the black plug in it on the end of the dash harness near the fuses.
As far as your fog lights the wires from that should not have been touched with the trip computer installation.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Youve joined the brown/ white wire to the wrong wire on your dash loom.On the inst connector 1 there are 2 wires that are brown/white....50/50 chance of being right and your luck was out but you can easily fix it.

Last edited:

cypher967

HSV VT 5.0 195i
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore S
Thanks heaps for that, i'll let you know how i went, only reason for the fog looms is because i didnt have it before so i stripped it and put it on my old one. Cheers

Ben

cypher967

HSV VT 5.0 195i
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore S
the trip comp, and foggies are working now, but the a/c,demsit,hazards arnt working still, and curise control isnt working, when i flick on the lights or parkers the selt belt and air bad warning light show up. Revs arnt working either, any help would be a great help cheers

Ben

slappa.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
i know ur looking for answers but im just gunna ask u this cypher... does the vs have seatbelt warning lights?

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
What wire did you join to to pickup the lights for the switches?
Cruise could only be affected by the speed signal that should be on a green wire on inst 2 term 8 and it should go to connector 125 term 6 and it shouldnt have anything teed off it...just a straight wire.You havent teed off it instead of the one in conn 3 term 3 you should have used?
The airbag light doesnt have any reference to any other idiot light either although it has a brown wire in inst conn 3 term 7 which you shouldnt have used to tee off for anything and in same conn 3 term 8 a pink/black which is just a power source ign feed to the other side of the airbag light.
See diagrams below for function and testing details

Attachments

• inst conn 1.jpg
    inst conn 1.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 484
Last edited:

cypher967

HSV VT 5.0 195i
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore S
You are my hero, where did you get those diagrams from? it should be much easier to fix now cheers, Ben