Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What would cause a VN V6 to drink enormous amounts of fuel??

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
its called depressurizing the system before u flong the hose off... :thumbsup: I learnt the hard way....

LOL i know what it is, but when your cars a freak and the fuel pump dosnt seize when you rip the relay then your left with no option :(

wait is it a 6 or a 8???????????????

what fuel map are you using? stock?

futronix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 MY12.5
LOL i know what it is, but when your cars a freak and the fuel pump dosnt seize when you rip the relay then your left with no option :(

wait is it a 6 or a 8???????????????

what fuel map are you using? stock?

cars a 6... stock map as far as i know.....it didnt drink petrol when he bought (4months ago)... its just a sudden things thats started happening...

VNCalais98K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais no more
if its using 15L per 40km or 37.5/100km then i would be looking for leaks and faults, because if that much fuel was going into the cylinders then the car would run like absolute ****, if at all.

futronix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 MY12.5
well thats the thing .. car runs fine.. no probs.. all power is there....

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
Maybe someone is helping themselves to your "go juice" after hours.

VNCalais98K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais no more
That much juice.
Do you ever get a petrol smell?
Check everything.
Look at your tank, especially around the seals, pump, joins, bottom of tank for any wet spots or rust.
Follow your fuel lines all the way to the engine bay, look for leaks, preferably with the car running.
Once at the engine bay, check the filter, and all the hoses and connections, then look at things like the pressure regulator, the rail and the injectors for leaks. smell everything...
Something is leaking, you just need to find what.

futronix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 MY12.5
Just went undet the car again and checked the fuel lines, tank, pump, fuel rails, regulator, injectors, all pipes not a single leak not smell of petrol... and then i had a good whiff of the exhaust and it was smelling pretty rich... but no black smoke at all...

havent been able to do a pressure test on the regulator yet.. but what if the reg is stuck open wouldnt the ecu control the amount of fuel being chewed up???

futronix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 MY12.5
Maybe someone is helping themselves to your "go juice" after hours.

yeh thought of that but he puts some in the mornin and its finished by the end of the nite... or whenever it decides to run out on the side of the road...

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
Just went undet the car again and checked the fuel lines, tank, pump, fuel rails, regulator, injectors, all pipes not a single leak not smell of petrol... and then i had a good whiff of the exhaust and it was smelling pretty rich... but no black smoke at all...

havent been able to do a pressure test on the regulator yet.. but what if the reg is stuck open wouldnt the ecu control the amount of fuel being chewed up???

Did you check under the car with the fuel pump primed (key on only)?

The ECU doesnt have direct control over the FPR, the ECU only has a table for lookup values for the injectors and AF ratios at certain settings/levels. The FPR will run whatever pressure its supposed to, unless its cactus and running high.

futronix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 MY12.5
nup only checked while it was running?? differerence?

hmm better get the reg. checked.. i hope its something as simple as that..