Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What would you do? Now SSV Redline - Wait VE Clubsport or Both? ;)

CarLad97

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 60th Anv 6cyl Ute
So I find myself at a giant brick wall called "Inflating HSV prices" and then asking myself maybe I should get an SSV Redline for the time being instead.

So the big question, I'm at 20k cash and I'm 23. I can't finance until I'm 25 and the Clubsports are only increasing in value.

'Should I buy an SSV Redline now to play and mod with for the next two years and then finance a Clubsport when I'm 25 or should I continue to save and buy the Clubsport outright more then likely around mid next year?'

I'd love some advice on this from fellow enthusiast, I used to have a VT Clubby but sadly had to let her go some years ago now so a 5Lt V8 is the biggest Iv'e owned thus far and both of those cars put out a lot more power then my 195i did.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I came from and older HSV (VXII) and am very happy in the VF Redline. The Redlines are a lot better than previous HSV's - dunno about the VE.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
So you have your heart sort of set on having both. And you can afford to buy, finance and pay for the insurance ?
But Buy the SSV now, and don't do any mods to it, thus saving that money to put toward the HSV.

Last edited:

CarLad97

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 60th Anv 6cyl Ute
If I save and grab the Clubsport mid next year then I won't get the SSV Redline, however if I get the SSV Redline now then I'll wait till I'm 25 and finance the Clubsport along with a deposit that I save for two years while having the SSV.

Sorry If I confused you with that, as for insurance that was the first thing I did. The Clubsport won't happen till I'm 25 unless I put it in my old mans name and the SSV I'd be aloud to insure on my own right now.

I'm fully licenced so the only thing working against me with insurance for the Clubsport is my age.

timd29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V S1 International 6.0
Ssv now, keep it stock in perfect condition, low ks, won't loose too much value over 2 years

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

CarLad97

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 60th Anv 6cyl Ute
I like where you lads are at with thinking get two for more spare parts, Also the SSV Redlines well kept can maintain some of their initial value so I'm very strongly leaning towards both. quite a few nice ones around at the moment.

20K For a tourer? they the wagons? Because I know just yesterday the cheapest Clubsport under 200kms was $28.000 and they have only been increasing lately.

Some people are selling their VT Clubsports for around 25k and I bought mine for 10 back in the day.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Watch out for the extra "HSV tax" on consumables, insurance etc.

Ask yourself what you want from the car: power, V8, badge, condition.

Current situation (jobkeeper payments leading to lack of people selling) has pushed prices up a bit recently.
Once these things stop, people might be forced to sell or take lower prices.

I'd think if you can hang on for 6 months, you'll see lower prices. Everyone is a speculator, everyday there get less and less HSVs on the road, but by the same token they all get older and more kms.
No one really knows how these cars will go with pricing. Modern VE/VFs had lots more built, so are unlikely to be megabucks. However people sold GTHOs for peanuts so there you go!

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited: