Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What would you expect to pay - Monaro CV8

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I think a tad too much.
I am curious….. the car in your original post, are you selling or buying ? The Gumtree car, selling or buying ?

Personally, I agree with 'someguy360' …. modifications are a personal taste, what you think is terrific, will be somebody-else’s terrible.
If I was buying one now, it would have to be original, the least kms shown, and less than $35K. Then think about if you really want/need outlandish wheels , lowered suspension and whatever engine mods. Your taste, your choice, your $$$$, but resale at a later date will be compromised..

I bought mine new, and it is still as was, apart from 135Km, CV8R wheels and all new bushes in the front, so I have a biased opinion..

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
good mods are a nice bonus but tend not to add much if anything to resale. (depending on the buyer of course). I really hate the idea of a colour change and replacing the nose though. i'd have to see the wheels but i don't like aftermarket wheels much.

audio upgrade might be nice if it's good and not already dated.

also i hate green cars so never pay attn to what the names are.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
For a 2002 CV8 $20,000 to $25,000 max but it would need to be pretty good to be around $25,000

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
I'm hoping worth more , (( although don't really care, because ), a totally mute point) = I'm not selling mine anytime soon= hopefully.
Poison ivy was a ve color = if it's really this color = probably a 1 off!!
More than likely hot house green!!!, nice colour , was thinking of it and looked at 1 in this colour = the 1 I settled on was way better condition though!!!

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
VZ CV8 is where you want to look at. 2002 like said before 25k sounds fair for a 98km one. if it was a metalic orange VZ with 50km I would expect 45k-60k is fair. My old boss has a VZ GTO coupe and will likely struggle with 70k and 20km on the clock as the CV8 is a Holden and a Monaro unlike the HSV Coupe.