Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What would you like improved for the VF?

Berlinarator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS-Z
Hi everyone

Just thought I'd throw this out there - not sure whether it's been done before.

For the release of the new VF in September, I thought of a few things which I thought I'd like to see improved.

- New steering wheel (VY/VZ one is much more comfortable)
- Better handbrake design
- Go back to having a remote release inside the vehicle for the fuel door
- Higher interior quality in terms of finish/fitting
- Re-introduction of 8 way electric passenger seat on Calais V

One other thing I'd like to add; what are your thoughts on Holden running the VE series for 4 years (longest yet). There are a lot of them out there (because the VE was popular too) but the resale isn't too good now for most models (not that Holden was renowned for good resale value anyway). Sticking traditionally to 3 years may suit better??? It has been a long wait for the VF...

What does everyone think?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
reduce weight by about 500kg , better hand brake, thinner pillars so you can to the sides, cut down the width by about 6 inches, bigger boot

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
For one thing, I'd like to see them come up with a better quality interior. While its comfortable enough, and it looks good, I can't stand the cheap plastics they use. Like, I mean my Astra is only an economy car, yet the fit and finish and overall quality of its interior is a cut above the interior of Dad's VE Berlina. Secondly, they need to chop some of the weight out of it, and if they could make it a bit shorter without compromising on interior space (maybe reduce the depth of the boot a bit), maybe get it back to the length of the VT - VZ, that would be grand.

VSHeaven

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim S2
Structual changes won't happen but here is my list. A better quality dash, leather and handbrake improvement. Biggest changes should be cabin noise reduction on the V6 and "road noise/suspension feel" through the steering. I could be a lot pickier but that would go a long way for me.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Make it feel less cheap on the inside and look less chunky on the outside.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
For the release of the new VF in September, I thought of a few things which I thought I'd like to see improved.

- New steering wheel (VY/VZ one is much more comfortable)
- Better handbrake design
- Go back to having a remote release inside the vehicle for the fuel door
- Higher interior quality in terms of finish/fitting
- Re-introduction of 8 way electric passenger seat on Calais V

One other thing I'd like to add; what are your thoughts on Holden running the VE series for 4 years (longest yet). There are a lot of them out there (because the VE was popular too) but the resale isn't too good now for most models (not that Holden was renowned for good resale value anyway). Sticking traditionally to 3 years may suit better??? It has been a long wait for the VF...

What does everyone think?

VE HSV wheel is one of the best ever IMO!
Handbrake design is also great. Completely integrated when not engaged. I.e. when you're driving.
Fuel door is lockable. Why a release inside? It's just something else to collect dust and dirt in the crevices.
Interior quality is MUCH better than VZ. Panel gaps, alignment and plastics are all superior.
My Calais V has 8 way electronic adjustment in both front seats, driver's side with memory.

The resale is lower because new car prices, when adjusted for inflation, are SO much cheaper now than they ever used to be. Resale on such a high volume car is also always going to be worse than imports. Nothing you can do about resale really. And there is an argument that having less time between models HELPS with resale values. If you had to choose between a 2006 VE and a 2009 VE second hand. If the km were similar, the price would also be similar. Mercedes go nearly 10 years between models.

Some improvements that could be made...

Touch screen head unit.
Heated seats.
Auto up/down on all windows.
Integrated antenna.
Integrated HDD with MP3 compatibility.
Integrated SD slot.
Better interior trim options. Alcantara is SO much better than leather.
Spring loaded bootlid that opens on its own with the button.
HID BiXenon self leveling headlights.
Double clutch gearboxes.
Push botton and/or proximity start.

All basics IMO when comparing with other marques. Holden, as always, are playing catch up with the rest of the world.

illusionalvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
toyota lexcen - vr.
buy a good quality car and rebadge it as holden... maybe a great wall?

should be able to order any colour. any custom colour.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Inside could do with a freshen up and use better quality plastics in the centre console. Thinner pillars (not happening).

Reaper

illusionalvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
toyota lexcen - vr.
my mate has a ve sv6 ute with the hard top. looks good, cant see past it.