Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What would you like improved for the VF?

flyjoe180

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I like the VE external shape. The interior needs a lot of work though, better quality materials and stop those annoying little rattles, particularly the little removable tray in the SV6 under the stereo console. That really bugs me. The layout makes it easy to locate controls, but I'm with the 'let's get a new handbrake design' crowd.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS

cracker

Reaction score
6.2 with the blower, please and the 7L in something other then the w427
may as well use the other member of the ls family.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Make it feel less cheap on the inside and look less chunky on the outside.

They already did that, except they named it the FG Falcon :p

Eh? That's why diesels have won Le Mans the last 5 years running? Obviously you have never driven/been in a new turbo diesel powered car.

I test drove the diesel Cruze. Call me weird, but I have a fundamental objection to a car which can't accelerate at all out of a roundabout in 2nd gear or higher.

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
Eh? That's why diesels have won Le Mans the last 5 years running? Obviously you have never driven/been in a new turbo diesel powered car.

driven plenty mate, never said anything about performance. i said they sound like a tractor. hate that rattly knocking noise of compression ignition.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
A glove box and center console light would be nice........

Im happy with the interior and exterior, get rid of the Pontiac bits and Audi running lights

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
Your wish is my command .....

New commodore will have improved plastics - much greater use of soft touch and non refletive plasctics, alacantra and nappa leather options, increased clarity of dials and gauges.

A pillars remain as does the steering wheel. A pillars house curtain side airbags and Wheel houses drivers airbag, neither of which can be changed without resubmitting the vehicle for ANCAP crash testing again. Next revamp again.

Rear tail lights become LED as standard, much like the outgoing statesman ones.

Front grille in SS and SSV models becomes simpler and more evocative, and the styling less polarising. Extensive use of Honeycomp mesh. Rear fairing becomes smoother and incorporates exhaust outlets into the kick panel for a more mature look.

E85 fuel option - for when the guel is actually available. APparently making E85 fuel takes less than 10% of the carbon footprint of distilling ordinary Unleaded, so theres a win for the environment.

Read the new wheels mag.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
What happen to the rumour of the SV6 getting an extra letter on the end- V.

What made the interior look outdated so fast was the one colour, black. And as bad as the coloured dash looked, in the end that looked great compared to all black.

But for series 2, i was looking for more like this. I have seen the large round vents of spy shots- and don't like them.

06122008369.jpg

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
I'd like to be able to see out of the pillars, not bash my head every time I get into the drivers seat, and not skip the auto selector past reverse into neutral everytime I leave a carpark. Its still a holden, so I assume the shitty plastic interior will stay