Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Sell both vehicles privately. unless you are in a hurry.

Get the SS. There is nothing in the real world that the E3 GTS can do that the SS can't.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
+ 1

Except with the HSV's there is that badge.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
In this day and age, a Camry will do everything legally.
. I would get the E3.
But then, I wouldnt sell the Pajero.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Don't forget the SS Redline. From reports i have read they are astonishing value and tend to make some HSV models superfluous. The improved brake package and various other bits they come with really elevate their overall performance and justify the extra price without being ridiculously expensive.

As for buying one of the last ones made, you would almost have to lock it away and never drive it. How much would a low mileage example of one of the very last local high performance Commodores be worth in a decade or so?

R

Risky

I was at the smash repairs the other day talking to the owner & a 2014 VF SSV Walkinshaw enhanced ute was in with a dented door. It's been certified at 310kw, auto & fully optioned interior. Beautiful ute. Talking to the owner of it & he said he paid over the $60K mark. Now he wants a 4x4 & went to trade in the ute. He was offered by the dealer $32K. Our jaws dropped. It's depreciated half of it's value in 2 years & it has low kms. If I had $32K at the time I would have bought it on the spot.

I remember years ago when the HK HT HG Monaros were going cheap back in the eary 80's. Those who bought them got them as projects. The 161 & 186 versions were at rock bottom prices at the time & got converted to V8's. Now, if you're after an unmolested Monaro of that era, the ones bringing in the money are the 6cyl versions as there aren't many left.

Whatever you buy, it would take years to recoup in value if that's what it's being bought for. If you're buying it for the sake of using it then go for it & look after it. Look at the market & see if the extra mods are going to be worth it in time.

Attachments

• VF SSV1.jpg
    VF SSV1.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 132
  • VF SSV2.jpg
    VF SSV2.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 170

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
How much would a low mileage example of one of the very last local high performance Commodores be worth in a decade or so?

Less than it is worth today.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Less than it is worth today.

I seriously doubt that. Those last few cars will become collector's items and the fact that the local production has ceased will enhance their historic and sentimental, as well as financial, value. I did say a decade, not just one or two years.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I say a decade is too short a horizon.

20 yrs.....30 yrs maybe.

Its all supposition anyway.....only time will prove one or both of us wrong.