Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What year is your VF with injectors issue?

What year is your VF with injectors issue?

• Total voters

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
@Anthony121 just because you suffered mild symptoms doesn’t mean every one has experienced the same symptoms. Some forum members have reported drivability issues with what they describe as serious vibrations. Such vibrations can distract a driver at an inappropriate time which is in itself a safety concern. Obviously this issue is not the same as a Hyundai wheel falling off (was oddly not a recall but quickly addressed by Hyundai) but engine drivability issues are still a concern. And other manufacturers have recalled their vehicles for lesser engine issues so why shouldn’t Holden preform a recall to fix this obvious problem (rhetorical)?

So let’s not repeat the same spiel as the ‘EPS assistance failure is not a safety issue because you can steer’ as many pushed within that thread. We should now know EPS assistance failure is obviously a problem that is being resolved (slowly) by a recall.

The product is defective as sold and in some instances it can be a safety concern so let’s focus on that instead. Let’s focus on getting a correct fix to the problem, not a piecemeal part fix where some get injectors replaces under good will while others pay for an individual injector (as has been reported here). A recall resolves these cost and possible safety issues. It also allows those that have previously paid for a fix to look at recovering their costs.

And if forum members can’t understand what’s written and intelligently assess their experiences and document it with DOTARS, but are instead thrown into a panic by what I’ve written, well we are all doomed.
Keep up the good work Skylarking. I appreciate your lawyer like mongrel. Your advice got me an EPS fix two years out of warranty even without the engine light showing, long before the recall. Thanks for that.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
2016 WN2 Caprice
65000 km
Car been at dealer for 5 weeks with no time giving when injectors will be available.

I was lucky to have it fixed same day back in May.

Merv Murray

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM CAPRICE 6.0 A6
Hi I have a WN series 2 Caprice with 98,000ks & it started missing yesterday morning on first start up. Changed spark plugs/ coil packs & checked leads, all to no avail Then googled LS3 VF injectors & across this issue. Car booked in for Friday, here's hoping Holden comes to the party

Merv Murray

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM CAPRICE 6.0 A6
Hi decided if Holden don't come to the party, I'd better have a backup solution, so changed out the fuel rail & injectors for an L98 6.0 fuel rail & injectors. Same problem, ended up being 2 coil's ( Accel super coils) I definitely don't recommend them