Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What You Got In Your Car

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
Heres Mine:

Kenwood 2020 Headset
Front- Sony 6" 2-way (woofer and tweeter)
Rear- Sony 6" x 9" 3-way

Reasonable sound, next step is to get an amp and a sub. All in good time!!!

T

Tony

QUOTE (fourstar82 @ Mar 10 2004, 05:30 PM) Heres Mine:

Kenwood 2020 Headset
Front- Sony 6" 2-way (woofer and tweeter)
Rear- Sony 6" x 9" 3-way

Reasonable sound, next step is to get an amp and a sub. All in good time!!!
best thing i ever did was get an amp and sub, now i can go on chapel runs and set off the car alarms
I was outside uni the otherday and a old school rx-7 came past and set of a preludes alarm just with its exhaust alone, it was pretty funny.

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
Sony XPLOD CD headunit
Sony 6" front speakers
Sony XPLOD 6x9 rear speakers
Sony 222 Amp
Reactor install kit
Sony XPLOD Sub.

Diddnt cost the world, and pumps Soundgarden, Shihad, Foo Fighters etc to my liking

Mike

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 11 2004, 12:18 AM) I was outside uni the otherday and a old school rx-7 came past and set of a preludes alarm just with its exhaust alone, it was pretty funny.
Whats so great about that? I do it in my RB20 VL all the time

The joys of a 2 1/2 inch system with extractors and resonator. No muffler, no cat

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
QUOTE best thing i ever did was get an amp and sub, now i can go on chapel runs and set off the car alarms

I've seen some pretty good cars along there, plus a few **** boxes too!!! The funniest thing I saw was the cops pull over this guy in a prelude and go over it with a fine tooth comb pretty much, saw the car a little while later with a yellow sticker... I think it was too low. I laughed my head off, mind you it did have a really nice paint job, green and pink pearl, was very nice!!!

As for cruising Chapel, its a waste of petrol unless you are actually look for a park!!!

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
QUOTE (OSL-060 @ Feb 25 2004, 12:30 PM) Big hole where the head unit should be
Factory 4" speakers in the dash
Holes for 6x9's in the parcel shelf

But hey, I've got all the wiring and RCA's When it finally makes it's way out of the garage it will have some respectable audio.

Jake.
Finally got a start yesterday

Pioneer DEH-P2550 Headunit
Kenwood 300W 6x9 3 ways

I'm going chase up an amp, sub and some splits for the front once I do a few other things to the car. Don't wanna blow the budget on audio just yet.

Cheers

Jake

T

Tony

QUOTE (fourstar82 @ Mar 10 2004, 11:41 PM) As for cruising Chapel, its a waste of petrol unless you are actually look for a park!!!
everyone knows that theres no such thing as parking on chapel street. Where you go is out the back of safeway and coles, where all the people hang with their modded civics and 'hot' Vl's
ive seen some nice cars out there, and its given me quite a few ideas for my VP.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
QUOTE (VSUTE @ Mar 11 2004, 03:58 PM) no such thing as blowing your budget on audio gear jake! hell, if i had my way id put another 2 grand into my ute to make it louder. its just not loud enough at the moment!
haha I guess it depends on how much you love audio, I'll spend another $500 and be happy I'm with Mike in saying that most music I listen to requires minimal bass, no doof can be found in my collection

Cheers

Jake

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
fair to say jake im not worried about tripping over my bling bling

"For those who are about to rock...!!"