Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What your ideas on this chip??

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
Due to popular demand we have now released a range of genuine Holden memcals (chips) recalibrated to suit VR, VS and VT V6 Commodores
These chips have been recalibrated using Holden (Delco)software to optimise an already efficient system. Beware of copied chips!
Can be used in standard engine to increase power to 155+kw instead of standard
We offer 2 levels of program: - standard fuel (88 octane) and premium fuel (98 octane) for you to choose.
It is recommended that ecotech engines run premium fuel programs only
Performance gains vary between different models but as a conservative estimate you can expect a gain of about 8% on a standard fuel program and a gain of about 10% on a premium fuel program. Buyers please note gains will not be as great without a improved exhaust system.
Also improves throttle response and mid range power
Street legal. Will not change roadworthy requirements or emissions providing catalytic convertor is fitted.
Will give better fuel economy when used conservatively
Plug in and go!!! No other items necessary - nothing else to do!!
Comes with "Do It Yourself" installation instructions
Will experience better power gains with free flowing exhaust and cold air intake system (see seller's other auctions)
Each recalibration must be specific to buyer's requirements so buyer will need to supply the following details:-
- model
- build date
- transmission type
- any other modifications that have been made
- whether a standard or premium program is required
To keep costs down these chips are sold on an "exchange basis". The exhange works as follows:
- buyer will be charged an extra $70 on invoice as a deposit for the replacement chip
- upon receipt of full payment the new chip will be mailed to buyer
- once buyer has received and installed the new chip he/she will be expected to send the existing chip to the seller
- when chip is received the $70 deposit will be refunded immediately by buyer's chosen method
This method saves the buyer the inconvenience of having his/her car off the road. Chip can be bought outright upon request - $70 will just not be refunded in this case.
Have a question? Seller is happy to answer your questions. Seller has over 20 years experience in the performance industry.

Currently its gonna cost me about $200. Is it worth it?? Please help. :b:

V

vsII manual

Yeh buy it man. Got one for mine works well. Its normally hard to notice gains in a manual car but i have with this chip. It only took about 2 days to get once they received my payment(i live in adelaide). But yeh buy it, i was lucky , i got mine for about 185 i was the only bidder!

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
this guy is a rogue try and avoid his crap, he has no idea what he is selling & gets someone to copy chips for him, he wouldnt know one end of a memcal from the other, take a look at his auction for "cop chip" he claims improved mileage etc etc all this from a standard chip (no such thing as cop chip).

Rob

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
thanks guys had a friend in the business do some checking and sounds a little flimssie but im getting a holden power chip sent to me from a holden cert dealer in melb. but he says that i may need to add a exhuast to really feel the diff. thanks again for the feed back great help

Troyoi

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vy executive
How do i check if I got the chip, I'm told I have one by the person I got the car from but now he has passed away and I'm wanting to check

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
Chip is irrelevant. Seriously.

Can always find small improvements on factory. But those small improvements will always come at the expense of some less known parameter. Faster gear shifts from High line pressure means shorter gear box life and so on.

Buying a Chip is like using Pegs and a playing card on your pushie. A childish bit o nonsense.

Save your money, buy a set of high ratio rockers, or a 3.7 to 1 diff or a 'charger kit.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Chip is irrelevant. Seriously.

Buying a Chip is like using Pegs and a playing card on your pushie. A childish bit o nonsense.

Save your money, buy a 'charger kit.

You do realize that you need a custom tune for a supercharger right?

Essentially the same thing, the "chip" is the memcal that holds the tune, all an aftermarket chip is, is a custom tune.

Now some are better than others, and a full dyno tune will give a better result but it's still the same principle.

Cam, supercharger, intake manifold changes, fuel system changes etc all require a custom tune to suit, but a good tune can still work wonders on the drivability of a stock car (GM's factory tunes are quite conservative)

BOR15

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
why not just go to someone reputable like Mace? ....

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
There was a fella on here some time ago named Greenfoam and he was a gun with flashing memcals for v6 and 5L, is he still around? loved his memcal in my old v8 wagon.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
So, since nobody on here has noticed yet, this is the question:

How do i check if I got the chip, I'm told I have one by the person I got the car from but now he has passed away and I'm wanting to check

And the rest of this thread is from 2005.

OP, highly likely that you just have a stock chip. Take the cover off the ECU and see if there's anything written on the memcal in there.

There was a fella on here some time ago named Greenfoam and he was a gun with flashing memcals for v6 and 5L, is he still around? loved his memcal in my old v8 wagon.

Not here anymore. He disappeared for a few undocumented reasons. Some members were also having grief dealing with him.