Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What's a VR 5.0L Calais worth these days?

volotre

Reaction score
Members Ride
As often as possible
1994 5.0L auto V8 Calais. 199,600 Kms, lowered 1-1.5 inches, tint, exhaust otherwise all standard In good to very good condition. Shanghai red over silver/grey.

What's it worth?

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
If you can put the original springs back on it would be worth another thousand or so...also the exhaust. Older buyers will not look at one thats lowered and with a hot exhausts etc. In Townsville I'd reckon on $7000 if original and $6000 as described. Have to be less in the big smoke. Unfortunately most buyers now don't want petrol eaters which they consider the V8 to be...even the V6 is considered thirsty. As a trade-in they laugh at you. Sad but true.

volotre

Reaction score
Members Ride
As often as possible
I actually took out superlows to put in the springs I've got now. I hear you on the petrol thing, especially these days, mind you it don't cost much more to run than the missus' V6 VS. We do similar km's and it costs me maybe $5 more.
I'm in Perth and most seem to go for over $7000, I was hoping for around that.
Cheers hako

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
It would also be nice to sell it within the next 400km - once it hits 200,000km you'll lose some more $$$$.
Have it as clean inside as a whistle, smelling nice, polished so it glistens, Bert Kampfert playing quietly on the CD and parked against a background that compliments the colour of the car. If potential buyers say 'but its got a fuel-burning V8!' just say 'well, its a Calais and they're considered a luxury car with a powerful smooth engine. Economy is secondary if you want the best'....or something like that. Good Luck.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
If you really want to sell it...I reckon grab whatever someone offers you !

It's a buyers market with high petrol prices and interst rates...cars just aren't selling that fast now.

I reckon it'll fetch around $6K to some young hoon... it's a 12 year old car and once past the 150,000 Km there's generally less interest in them unless its a collectable HSV or something.