Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

whats better??

D

Drift_Away

what car is better the VL or Vk in terms of handeling and power?
coz iam getting one and iam willing to spend up to $3000 so could u tell me what one is better thanks

Indy_387

Reaction score
You could probably pick up a VN for that sort of money...

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I can't speak personally about the vk - but if its not an 8 they are pretty gutless from what I've seen, the vl would have the better motor wth a heap more options.

handling, the vl is pretty poor with understeer which can quickly turn to oversteer. But once againI can't compare it to the vk.

I like the vl's shape better, and your engine upgrade choices are easier.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
mate go with the VL... much better choice not just because i have one myself and i think they are a much better choice... think of fuel! vl's are unleaded, vk's you have to stuff around with lead replacement and all that crap. most vk's are slugs anyway when they are just daily drivers. i had a hyuandai lantra that beat my mates vk.. ill never let him live it down...lol

DazVYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSSM6
VL for sure look hard make sure you get a good one can be grenades.

perkins

Reaction score
Members Ride
HDT VH ADP
a well looked after efi 3.3 VK is ok, but you'll probably pay for that, plus as was mentioned you'd have to do some head work and stuff for unleaded fuel. VL's I think are the best lookers of the early 'dores (except VH) but be careful of that Nissan motor - they had cooling issues and if the baffle in the radiator doesn't work chances are that motor won't either, being alloy and all they go u/s pretty quick if they get hot. As for the VN, I'd rather a VL instead...

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Just make sure theres no air in the cooling system.. Thats easy as piss to check. And as long as it doesn't leak and you keep it up you'll have no troubles.