Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

whats involved in changing to lsd

(CODEZ)

formerly cody_vp92
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP v6
thanks mate, ive actually been looking at that one on ebay lol
just wanted to make sure it was as simple as it seems :p

cheers

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The Wagon diff housing (what Mortons is from) is different so he only used the centre

Hi Greenfoam

Yeah, I realised that before posting. That's why I asked. I didn't know that the live rear axle and the IRS diff centres could be swapped between the two. For some reason, I always assumed that the IRS diff centres would be different.

I've had both axles in my time but never had to touch either, so I've never looked at either of them closely and (touch wood) it's something I don't have to worry about.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Oooooh nonono, don't get me wrong. I had that LSD fitted from a wagon diff, into my LIVE AXLE VP commodore diff. NOT into my Statesman.

I still havn't tried to have the LSD and gears fitted into my IRS Statesman :) In fact, the whole diff (hub to hub) from my VP is still sitting in my garage :)

I'm going to hold onto that good KAAZ LSD until my standard stato LSD wears out, then I'll get it thrown in ^_^

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Oooooh nonono, don't get me wrong. I had that LSD fitted from a wagon diff, into my LIVE AXLE VP commodore diff. NOT into my Statesman.

I still havn't tried to have the LSD and gears fitted into my IRS Statesman :) In fact, the whole diff (hub to hub) from my VP is still sitting in my garage :)

I'm going to hold onto that good KAAZ LSD until my standard stato LSD wears out, then I'll get it thrown in ^_^

Aha! Mystery solved then. It would surprise me if the centres are interchangeable.