Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

whats involved in getting cams licence?

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
hi all,
as the title suggests im interested in getting a cams licence, but i have no idea how to go about it or whats involved, i'd really like to get out on the track alot (practice at least once a week or even twice) and get into some racing events and to do that i would need one wouldn't I?

any and all help very much appreshiated.:)

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
yeah there are allot of regulations in motorsport, your best bet would be to contact the Confederation of Australian Motorsort (cams).

Big Trev

is a Ford man
Reaction score
Members Ride
Has 4 wheels
You can get a racing licence from 2 sources, one is CAMS as listed above, the othere is AASA, see:
AASA

The only difference is that AASA will accept a CAMS Licence at AASA sanctioned events, but CAMS will not accept a AASA Licence at their event, go figure? :bang:

VSTrev

The Stig!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VS Ute
heeno,

Deffinatly get a CAMS licence mate. Its recognised at all events all over Australia.

It depends what category you are going to race in to what cams licence you need to get, and what criteria have to be met to get it.

The cams site has all the info you need. (As previously stated).

Big Trev

is a Ford man
Reaction score
Members Ride
Has 4 wheels
2001 ITR said:
CAMS licence:
http://www.cams.com.au/content.asp?PageID=Competitors&ObjectID=311

The speed events (motorkhana and sprints) just require you to pay money. I’ve got a CAMS L2S licence for those events.

AASA seem to be less bureaucratic and expensive than CAMS. But that is an argument that could go on for ages……
I know you mean "less bureaucratic and LESS expensive than CAMS" but it didn't quite read like that, hope the clarification is OK. :thumbsup: