Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whats it worth? 89 VN

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
Today I looked at an 89 VN V6 manual as a donor for a manual conversion on my car. Its at 350,xxx ks, rust in the 1/4 panel corners at the wheelarches and spare wheel well, a dent in the passengers front guard, springs are cut, diff is welded, car has been deregistered (last on the road legally in oct 07) and the back seat and other parts of the interior are missing. All the lights, grill etc. are there and in good nick. it has 3 bald tires on steelies and 1 with 2mm tread. Im told the car is in good mechanical order, and am testdriving it tomorrow.

So what do you guys reckon this thing is worth?

I know the box wont be a straight bolt up to my S2, so I will have to either get a spacer machined up or transplant a high ks s1 motor and box into my VR.

leigh 7005

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sle
by the sounds of it i wouldnt pay any more than $200

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
well its worth more in parts than a whole car. i wrecked a 1988 vn manual but with half the km, sold it in parts for about 2500 and she was one wrote off car

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
it worth 4500 for the manual conversion alone thats all i'd pay. I'd be wanting to take it for a spin and test the gearbox if it whines and hard to sleect gear id stay away from it

For a vr manual youll need manual loom and ecu and an 8 bolt flywheel

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
lol wut? $4500? That's a typo, right?