Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whats it worth

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
Hi im wondering if people could give me some estimates on what my car is worth. I wanna sell it im chasin around $4000. Its a factory vr v65speed. Lsd (not sure of ratio) near rear gearbox seal, new front gearbox seal, new clutch, new rear crank seal, new sump gasket, new inlet manifold gasket, pacemaker extractors with lukey 2.5inch, sits on ultra low king springs with chrome 18s with good tread, vt brake upgrade with bendix ultimate premium pads, front strut brace, adjustable panhard bar, leather interior, cold air intake, royal purple syncromax oil in gearbox, putting royal purple 20w50 in motor, either comes with stuff for major service or will sell with service done. It has new set of plugs $52 leads $109 oil $100 oil filter $8 fuel filter $13 air filter $13, twin 12inch subs with 2000watt amp and nice head deck. I think theres more but all i can think of at the momement. Cheers

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Well redbook says $1500-$3300.

Depends how many kms you've got on it, some pics would help. I reckon you'll be lucky to get $4000 mate, and that's assuming it's rego'd for a decent amount of time (6 months+).

I reckon you pull more than about $3000 your doing pretty well, as I've seen plenty of VR's going for less than $1800 these days. You can get really decent VT's for $4000.

Sorry mate, just my opinion, but your best bet is a "fully hectic" p plater and his "homeys".

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Manuals seem to hold their price better providing they''re in good condition. If you find the right buyer who has spent months looking for a decent 2nd gen manual he might be willing to pay a bit extra for a good one.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
$4500 will be a bit steep, though it sounds like a nice car with some work done, that's dipping into VX territory.

blueVP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP, VL walkinshaw replica
I'd say $2500 to $3500 tops but thats in tassie... the cars here always seem to go for more then in other states.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'd say $2500 to $3500 tops but thats in tassie... the cars here always seem to go for more then in other states.

I would tend to think the opposite, there is a lot more choice here, $3500 will put you in a 5 speed VT.

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
$4500 will be a bit steep, though it sounds like a nice car with some work done, that's dipping into VX territory.

Yeh i was heading into $3000 $4000 tops mark. it only has 200k and its just had new pushrods and rockers in it aswell. and being a factory manual it hasnt been converted from auto (proper wiring and manual computer etc).. its nice old couple owned it before me so its been looked after.. il try get some pics up of it asap. forgot to mention it has clear indicators and altezza rear lights but thats not much just thought throw it in.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Sounds like you have done some good work on it, and being a manual is a big plus. You havent mentioned km or body condition. Assuming both of those are good its maybe worth $3500 to the right buyer in Brisbane but that buyer may never come.. $2500 is maybe more like it.. if the ks are high or it looks like crap it can only go down from there..

EDIT: oops you posted the k's while I wrote that lol... I think $2000-$2500 in Brisbane.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yep, i'm with this dude ^ even if its a nice car, its still almost 20 years old, still a base model VR at the end of the day. never know though, you might find the right buyer (less intelligent p plater) and get a lot for it.

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yep, i'm with this dude ^ even if its a nice car, its still almost 20 years old, still a base model VR at the end of the day. never know though, you might find the right buyer (less intelligent p plater) and get a lot for it.

Yeh thats what i thought. the body is in realy good nick only few scratches on the front bumper from engine crane when i replaced all the seals.. other then that its in good nick (no dents or big scrathes).. im touching it up a bit before i sell it tho so il take some photos tomorrow and post them up if i can (only new to this site) then we will see what people think.. cheers everyone good lads..