Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

whats needed in a v6 to super 6 conversion???

Adriianz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS
okay, so after having afew people here explain the fact you need to completely convert the v6 into an l67, rather thatn just bolt charger and other bits on, ive decided to throw an entire l67 into it.

ive seen afew l67 2nd hand with about 150000kms for prices between 1900-2700. im just curious if anyone can tell me the 'must haves' if i was to convert my vt v6 auto into a vt super 6 auto?

does the engine just bolt inplace of my own?? then i just change over the ecu??

also besides the engine block, do i need to move/replace any of my bolt ons or cai etc etc???

just curious on some general info.

thanks for your time guys :D

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Ok if you do a complete motor swap then off the top of my head you'll need the following. Complete L67 long motor with all accessories, L67 flex plate and 2600rpm torque converter, L67 Engine wiring harness, intake tube from throttle body to MAF, L67 pcm and matching bcm (or remove the VATS from the pcm memcal), L67 top radiator hose. Thats about all i can think of at the moment. just make sure the motor you buy is complete and not missing any sensors, vacuum hoses etc.
Exhaust will bolt up fine to your existing, but the L67's really benefit from an unrestricted and free flowing system like a twin 2 1/4 for example.
Hope that helps