Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whats the best oil to use?

SLE 500

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE
I use Penrite 15/60 semi synthetic.
While im on i thought id ask if there was someone with a world of knowledge on oil that knows of a better choice. I use the standard oil pump and know pressure is low so is there changes to be made?

Also, are there additives that have a positive effect.

raw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V8
I am about to chuck in some Pennzoil GT Street Machine full mineral and it's 20W/50 which is apparently what Holden recommends. My log book for the VN states 20W/40 but they supposedly changed it from 40 to 50 from the VS onwards. But the Penrite HPR 15 you're using would be fine as it's a good brand and is close to the recommended range. It's also Aussie and doesn't cost an arm and a leg too. As for the synthetic part I have no idea but maybe someone else can give some insight into this aspect.

97VSS2

CRABWALKIN CALAIS
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais 5L
i use penrite hpr 30 in my vn and its a 20w 60 and full mineral, wont use anything else.......and the fact its aussie

SWT5L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ sII 5.0L
use ULX 25w/50 this is a great oil as it has zinc in it and it stops flat tappet cams from wearing out and it improves piston temp. which gives you more vapourization