Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

whats the black box on the side of the vt box.were selector is can i leave it of

matsingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6
im putting vs 7hdd into my vt..first snag iv hit is selector arm is shorter on vs box ..vt is bigger and has a black box thing on the side of it...what is it and could i leave it of what probs will i get from doing this

matsingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6
all good changed over selector arm from vt into the vs box with no dramas..thought ### it while im there and got both sumps of i put the vt deeper sump onto the vs box..all set go go now to put it in and bolt it up..post again in a couple hours for anyone thats interested lmao

sleepinvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
99" vt berlina
how much deeper is the vt pan?

matsingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6
about an extra litre or 2 deeper...well the vs 7hdd works in the vt..however it still holds 3rd a little long kicking in at 65 to 70kms an hour..but seems to cruise nicer at 60kms and revs down to about 1400rpm instead 1800 1900 rpm so only a slight difference..but noticed more pick up with the vs box especiall through first and second..dont no might be just the box or the vt one was stuffed...had to move crossmember rubber more back were the exaust mount was for the rubber that attaches to exaust...and had to go into the other set of holes in the vt cross member...vt trans lines had to be re bent into shape....and the side gear selector arm had to be changed....changeing the sump pan is optional...everything els was normal

¡Parto!

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive S2
about an extra litre or 2 deeper...well the vs 7hdd works in the vt..however it still holds 3rd a little long kicking in at 65 to 70kms an hour..but seems to cruise nicer at 60kms and revs down to about 1400rpm instead 1800 1900 rpm so only a slight difference..but noticed more pick up with the vs box especiall through first and second..dont no might be just the box or the vt one was stuffed...had to move crossmember rubber more back were the exaust mount was for the rubber that attaches to exaust...and had to go into the other set of holes in the vt cross member...vt trans lines had to be re bent into shape....and the side gear selector arm had to be changed....changeing the sump pan is optional...everything els was normal
sorry to dig up an old thread but hopefully can help out if your still around. Did you put the shift selector box from vt on vs trans or did you just leave it off?