Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What's the cause of white smoke but not loosing water or oil and not over heating

ItsJockey1996

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx commodore executive l67
Ok so I've read some article about what Im stuck on, but no one has an answer to what I'm asking, I'm getting white smoke from the exhaust when the car starts to warm up, I'm not loosing any water, car not over heating, not loosing any oil, runs fine, however there alot of water in the exhaust what will be the cause of that, I can't figure it out, she's not sluggish or anything just wanting to know why I've got all this water in my exhaust and starts to smoke once warm

Forcedvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV XU8, FORD TERRORIST
Ok so I've read some article about what Im stuck on, but no one has an answer to what I'm asking, I'm getting white smoke from the exhaust when the car starts to warm up, I'm not loosing any water, car not over heating, not loosing any oil, runs fine, however there alot of water in the exhaust what will be the cause of that, I can't figure it out, she's not sluggish or anything just wanting to know why I've got all this water in my exhaust and starts to smoke once warm
Most cars will do that. Especially cars with CATS on warm ups on cold mornings. Even when car has warmed up. They will still blow steam while driving until cats have heated up and excess moisture has evaporated.

ItsJockey1996

Reaction score
Members Ride
Most cars will do that. Especially cars with CATS on warm ups on cold mornings. Even when car has warmed up. They will still blow steam while driving until cats have heated up and excess moisture has evaporated.
Ok sweet so it's nothing to worry about?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Just water vapour. It’s fine.

ItsJockey1996

Reaction score
Members Ride
That's after warming up and have it alittle bit of throttle
Just water vapour. It’s fine.
Ok sweet thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230705_162516.jpg
    Screenshot_20230705_162516.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 88

blackvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SS ute, VZ SS crewman, VYSS, VX SS, VTSS
my valley gaskets had a small leak enough for steam/smoke but not enough to notice a coolant drop.