Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whats the diff

Shaneus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
holden007 said:
Front bars the same (except Calais) and yes different grilles, rear taillights are the same (clear indicators come with Acclaim, Berlina and Calais on both VR/VS).

Well the badging, stripping, clear colour boot garnish, side indicators, stainless steel rectangular rear muffler and wheels does make the VS look newer.

I have a VS S1 Berlina and dont have clear indicators, i don't think VS's had them as they got the upgrade to oval in 96, and they didnt get clear ones till VX

wes_v8

WES_VN
Reaction score
Website
streetrides.20.forumer.com
Members Ride
04 Vz Sv6 6 speed
well like someone asked before about the difference between a VN and VP is that on the VP's rear garnish it has a red tailight colour where as vn has painted garnish. on the standard vps they have a plastic clear lookin grille where as vn had a painted grille with little gaps(kinda hard to explain), the vp's had indicators on the side and there headlights are longer there some of the main difference

KAL SPL

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Calais !!
Shaneus said:
I have a VS S1 Berlina and dont have clear indicators, i don't think VS's had them as they got the upgrade to oval in 96, and they didnt get clear ones till VX
Series 1 VS orange square
Series 2 VS orange oval
Series 3 VS clear oval

commod8

swim wit da fishes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6 Auto
fekason said:
I believe that the VR also had the Borg Warner manual transmission, whereas the VS like mine has the Getrag.
the VS series I had the borg warner manual, the series II had the getrag gearbox, along with a new clutch, and something else was new, i just remember what (tailshaft, flywheel, i can't remember)
:)

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 SS V Z Series Manaul Sportwagon
BERLINAIIVS said:
head lights are different, interior desgins are different and wheels are different, on the VS calais the two tone starts lower, calais can have a supercharged motor, sercurity might be a different i think,
badges, side indicators. all i can think of atm

since when are the head lights diff?

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
kritical said:
interiors alot diff tho,vs has better interior colours and better steering wheel. how can ya tell the diff between a vn - vp on the outside

heaps of difference...headlights, bumper, grille, garnish to name a few...come on man...your tellin me you honestly cant tell?

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
mattman said:
ah... not sure sorry.. but i do know the colour choices are different.

Like you don't see purply vs's and you don't see botanica vr's... also that light greeny colour is vr only, etc.

sorry mate...its actually only VSII...have a look at mine...

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
headlights are the same. Put a vr headlight and indicator in my vs

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
VS 5.0 said:
VS also came out with IRS.
VR's have IRS as well. VS's have two-pack paint, vr is acrylic (mostly). vrs have the older badge, vs is the silver one. VS has speed alert for cars without a trip computer. A feww subtle body mods, slight interior mods

Moredhel84

Reaction score
Members Ride
4.3L VR Berlina, 5spd.
commod8 said:
the VS series I had the borg warner manual, the series II had the getrag gearbox, along with a new clutch, and something else was new, i just remember what (tailshaft, flywheel, i can't remember)
:)
I'm sure its only series III onwards...