Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whats the diff

commod8

swim wit da fishes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6 Auto
sorry, these are the changes to the VS series II calais - new 16 inch wheels, i'm sure the tyres where also a bit wider, and the two-tone paintjob is a bit different - instead of the bottom half of the car being silver, it's only a small bit at the bottom, all around the car that is silver. sorry again, i ****ed up that post.

also, the getrag was in the series II and onwards.....
"Not much change with VS Series II, except that Calais now gets 16 inch alloy wheels and foglamps, with its two-tone paint job slightly different. Manual gearbox on ECOTECs is now Getrag. The V8's power is up slightly to 168kW. The Calais also gets the option of the Supercharged V6. The indicator lights on the side front panels are now oval in shape. The interior has also been slightly revamped." from http://www.users.on.net/~ nweber/commodore/vs/index.html

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
If the car has remained unchanged, the VS has ecotec badge on the fender under the indicator the VR doesnt. Another easy way to tell on the V6 is to poke ur head under the car and check the exhaust connection at the back of the cat, the VR has a fixed 2 bolt flange and the VS uses a rotating flange with spring bolts. V8's the differences are more subtle but the indicator and th V8 badge on the fender give the VS away.

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
One minor little thing, no bending or crawling under the car, just read the VIN #

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
You must be really lost or driving someone elses car, your ride says VK Manual Sedan, last time I looked the thread was for VR - VS.

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 SS V Z Series Manaul Sportwagon
digisol said:
You must be really lost or driving someone elses car, your ride says VK Manual Sedan, last time I looked the thread was for VR - VS.

lol...owned.

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
digisol said:
oh...im sorry, is it illegal for me to be in here? maybe im interested in finding out the differences between vr and vs coz im not quite sure myself, does that mean i have 2 drive 1??? i was also stating that vin #'s can be confusing, if u didnt know wot a vl looked like, although im sure every1 on here would, u might happen 2 read it and think it is 1, im not sure about vr/vs #'s but they might also be confusing unless u know the codes

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
the rear garnish between the tail lights is also different the vs has a clear garnish the vr has grey

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
definitely illegal, punishable by death, hung drawn and quartered then fed to the pigs.

I'l look the other way while ya sneak under the fence. :whistling

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
lol, well i guess at least the pigs wont mind me being here

*tries 2 find a hole under the fence*