Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

whats the difference. VR /VRS ute

bloodylegend

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S V6 Auto
hey i got VR ute about 2 weeks ago. its been debadged and resprayed i assume. in the cabin above the glovebox is a sign saying VRS but the car doesnt have anything like foglamps or skirting or anything else visible to prove it.

now my mate is telling me its not a S. anyone know any that can tell me what it is? besides driving out to a gravel road or the woolworths carpack and testing if it has limited slip dif.

groberr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr equipe
the plating under the bonnet will tell you mate

NSTG8R

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Maloo R8 + VX Berlina 5.7
Does it have a tacho? base utes don't have a tacho in them, S utes do. Up until VS, S utes didn't have alloys, and none of the VR/VS utes (apart from Maloo's, series III SS ute, and the limited 5oth anniversary and olympic editions) had side skirts or a front lip.

You can also tell by the seat trim, base utes had the same seats as an Exec sedan, S utes had the Acclaim/S sedan seats. If it's bench seat, then its 100% a base model, as S utes had the console in them as standard, was an option on base utes to have bucket seats and console.