Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

whats the easy way remove fuel line from vt ?

vtmomentum

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII V6
i broke the clip on my fuel filter in my 1999 vt v6 im trying to change the fuel line the long one to the engine bay is there a way to remove the fuel line clips from under the car with out drilling the pop rivets im talking about the clips that all the lines are housed in under the car . is it possibel to remove the rubber gromit from inside the clip ? and try the threadle the fuel line through the mounts that way or am i better off drilling the pop rivets ? it looks like drilling the rivit up near the fuel tank would be hard

don0xer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Calais 3.8L Supercharged
the elbows on the fuel line that goes into the fuel filter are replacable, im sure u can get them from repco/bursons ect.

vtmomentum

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII V6
black clips nope cant buy the clips anywhere i was hoping the same thing don0xer but repco and peps said holden is the only place i rang them and they said you need to replace the whole line :( , i bought a new fuel line from holden $35 dollars i had to chisel the pop rivets off the 3 fuel/brake line mounts under the car, cut the fuel line to remove it then remove all the grommets from the fuel line brackets, then came the fun part installing the new fuel line well i started at the fuel tank ( i didnt remove the last fuel line bracket closest to the tank ) threaded the line through the bracket ( not fun ) then with a little bit of working put the fuel line in to the engine bay i have replaced all the gromets holding the fuel lines and brake line im trying to track down a pop rivet gun to reinstall the massive pop rivets back on to the a frame. in all a bastard of a job i dont recommend any one doing it espacaly if you do it on ramps like i did thanks for the help anyway guys

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
yer not for the one off repair but they are available but holden would rather rip you off and sell you the complete line instead and led you up the garden path , a good workshop should have one of these kits .