Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Whats the fine on P platers and high performance cars

showxpony

Reaction score
Members Ride
Redline SSV
Seriously... You won't get caught driving a "high powered vehicle" as long as you dont do anything stupid. If you give the police a reason to pull you over, then if theyre a traffic cop, they may know what cars are high powered and what arent, but your average cop has no idea nor really cares. Theres people out there doing a lot worse then driving V8s on their Ps. The fine is 3 demerits and quote, "up to $1100 in fines" which is an absolute maximum, which would be ordered by the caught. I'm guessing it would be the standard $250, pretty much like doing 10km/h over the limit. But i know a lot of people on their Ps with turbo/V8 cars, none of which have been hassled.

BENJAMUM

Reaction score
Members Ride
6.3 ltr blown vy ute & vs 5L ute
In NSW its 7 points and 3mths loss of licence i found out

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
fine for driving manual on auto license is suspended license, a mate of mines girlfriend got busted driving his car and got 30 day ban

lol dont know wat state ur in but in vic its not as harsh, im pretty sure its 3points and a fine, but if im wrong please correct me with proof

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
lol dont know wat state ur in but in vic its not as harsh, im pretty sure its 3points and a fine, but if im wrong please correct me with proof

As I said - if you hit me or any of my family whilst driving a car you are not licensed to drive then the fine will be the least of your troubles. You will most likely be financially ****ed for a long time if not life.

Reaper

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
Seriously... You won't get caught driving a "high powered vehicle" as long as you dont do anything stupid. If you give the police a reason to pull you over, then if theyre a traffic cop, they may know what cars are high powered and what arent, but your average cop has no idea nor really cares. Theres people out there doing a lot worse then driving V8s on their Ps. The fine is 3 demerits and quote, "up to $1100 in fines" which is an absolute maximum, which would be ordered by the caught. I'm guessing it would be the standard $250, pretty much like doing 10km/h over the limit. But i know a lot of people on their Ps with turbo/V8 cars, none of which have been hassled.

What happens if you get pulled over for an RBT?

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Wow nearly everyone in that thread is a f***ing moron.

A lot of people on that forum are ****ing morons.

Like reaper said. Youre looking at getting a very expensive car for someone on their P's. The fine itself isnt much and its only a couple of demerits but crashing it, then telling your insurance company, they will look at you, raise their hand and extend their finger in a pointing gesture and laugh till their jaws hurt. Not only that, if you crashed into my car, then came and told me "err my insurance company laughed at me...so youre boned." Well.. guess where your next trip will be.

ruffiano

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
You seriously think the moment you put a 'P' plate on it you're not gonna get pulled over? Come on, you're in Victoria, we have the stringest traffic laws and they are policed with zero tollerance. In fact, I believe somewhere that the only place worse is Nice in France.
WHEN they catch you, the'll find some excuse to impound it, and if the laws keep going the same way, there's very chance that you may have it crushed too.
Just wait, invest the money, and get one when you're off your 'P' plates.....

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
lol, i have been in and out of court for driving over powered cars on my P's (in my younger days) i can tell you this: your local policeman add you to their system. as soon as they see your car, they pull you over. simple as that. the cops around my area cottoned on to my car and i just kept getting pulled over, again, and again, and again.

its not worth it mate. they WILL pick on you and they WILL win.