Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Whats the fine on P platers and high performance cars

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
glad we dont have a manual auto licenses yet in SA, sounds pretty crappy. if you cant drive a manual ( apart from a disability) you shouldnt be on the road. you dont need to be an expert but i think everyone should have some sort of idea.

clarmatt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SII Executive
it really doesnt matter about the manual license because i will just go redo my test. but the thin is i am a tradie i own my own business, i have the exemption where i can drive it for work purposes, but the thing is. what about that time where im going out after work, i am not going to buy another car to be for after hours. i mean after spending 30 k on a car, it would be a waste to use it for just to and from work

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Exemption to drive a probationary prohibited vehicle

1. Automatic Exemption

The Road Safety (Drivers) Regulations 2009, automatically exempt a probationary driver, from the probationary prohibited vehicle restrictions, who is driving the vehicle in the course of his or her employment and at his or her employer’s request or is self employed and an Australian Business Number (ABN) is in force in relation to the person's business. No exemption document is required from VicRoads in these circumstances. However, the onus is on the driver to provide evidence to the police if requested.

A person is not permitted to drive the vehicle at any time for social reasons or reasons unrelated to work. In these cases the onus is upon the driver to provide evidence to the police that his or her driving is work connected.

All in the link provided above. No-go on the after work driving.

clarmatt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SII Executive
what would the fine be if i got busted driving the maloo for 'social' reasons?

ParkwayDrv

Slave to the game
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
once again why bother mate? save your self the time and money and just wait

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 Holden VL calais project

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green