Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What's the go with fuel pumps these days?

shadetreemechanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR v6
So it looks like the fuel pump's buggered in the VR...
The brand name ones I've seen for sale like Bosch, Delphi are all made in China these days. Are these gonna last?
Performance sites are all selling the USA Wahlbro 255's for not a lot more dosh but they're made for mods and mine is all stock.

Last edited:

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
So it looks like the fuel pump's buggered in the VR...
The brand name ones I've seen for sale like Bosch, Delphi are all made in China these days. Are these gonna last?
Performance sites are all selling the USA Walbro 255's for not a lot more dosh but they're made for mods and mine is all stock.
ther probaly nearly all made in china, i would just stick with known brand like delphi and only thing that kill pumps is when they overheat because of low fuel in the tank
just make sure that you get the new filter and cork gasket with it like this one from ebay

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3330479.../BfO4zwOKlPwwRDbrn6aVoV2I=|tkp:Bk9SR_TSxpy8Yg

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I usually use the goss pumps and cork gaskets instead of rubber. I find the rubber leaks, but others say they are fine. I prefer the cork ones.

the return line is probably done for as well, so look for some submersible fuel hose to replace that while you are in there.

jeepster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute
I usually use the goss pumps and cork gaskets instead of rubber. I find the rubber leaks, but others say they are fine. I prefer the cork ones.

the return line is probably done for as well, so look for some submersible fuel hose to replace that while you are in there.
I have changed a few pumps, and I think it is a matter of tightening the 5 little bolts to correct torque. If you overtighten one, it can cause leak, as well as a loose bolt.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
just dont get a too high flow pump as the stock regulator may not be able to return it all at idle and cause other issues, delphi and bosch, vdo may still do one too are still fine the delphi i think comes with more in the little kit if u need the rubbers ect

shadetreemechanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR v6
Cheers for the replies, yeah I think I'll go for a Delphi since it comes with the cork gasket as mentioned.
I'll need to drop the tank too and redo all the breather hoses I've been putting off doing for yonks. Been unable to fill my tank to full I always smell petrol afterwards.

It's not just driving on a low tank that kills 'em, also sitting for long periods which is probably why mine shat itself eventually.

Last edited: