Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whats the Go With Lowering My VS

crazzyboy_16

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec Wagon
Hello everyone i was wanting to know what the go with lowering your car is. I have a VS Wagon and its only an exec its standard as and im looking at lowering it so it looks better and my dad tells me how i cant because of insurance or something, so could you people tell me what i can and cant do when i lower my car. My insurance is with NRMA and my mates mum that works there was telling me they have to measure the car or something, i thought that was crap so could someone fill me in, cheers crazzyboy_16

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
all depends on the insurance company. myn its fine no matter what height but with some i know you can only lower it 1inch.

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
go justcar. any height no queries asked.

M

matty193

I'm with RACV and let you go down to FE2 height (30mm lowered).

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
Your best bet would be to talk to someone at the insurance company & tell them exactly how much you plan on lowering it. If they give you the go ahead make sure that you get it in writing.
The last thing that you need is to have an accident then have them refuse payment due to false advice. I would also not go quite as low as you ask them as the springs will sag over time.

VEARGH

"Stop,Drop..KaboOm.*
Reaction score
Members Ride
v_R
What are the prics for aami and justcar? im with nrma, sine ive joined ive put superlows on.might have to ring up and get it changed..

VEARGH

"Stop,Drop..KaboOm.*
Reaction score
Members Ride
v_R
just rang up and changed my policy, the prive for 3rd party stayed the same..
Some of the questions i was asked was ..Were the springs lower than 30mm from stock? Is every area of the car above 10mm from ground? Are the springs brought and for what price? Is the car rta approved with these sprigs?and some others q's...
If you have cut the springs or the car is lower than what i have said the insurance will be cancelled. The only question they asked about my 18's was the width. And that was it, they sending out a new policy! Peace

quiksilver1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
i was with nrma paying 700 full comp,i lowered my car with superlows and they wouldnt cover it.so i rang justcars,quoted around 700,after reading there fine print i noticed aami written in it so i rang them and got full comp for 500.height not a problem so long as its legal.although im 28 i think they take your age into consideration...cheers