Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What's the ideal ride height when lowering?

jetisn

just gettin it out there
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE UTE
How about -80mm front and -100mm rear?

P3270183-2.jpg

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
That looks fantastic mate, a little impractical for where i live though.

You have that ute looking great as well.

Cheers from Mike.

ink

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
30mm with pedders sportsryders. standard shocks. very happy, no dramas with scraping or hitting bump stops- click link below for pics.

seanssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 6spd man with WP power pack
I wanted to get mine lowered as well, but, I was surprised that some workshops plus mates have actually tried to talk me out of it. I always get the same questions too...

How's your driveway?
Are you happy with how your car rides now? If so don't change it.
You feel everything much more on the road if you have it lowered.
It's not all it's cracked up to be blah blah blah.

I can't say that it has put me off but I promised the wife a trip to Canada next year so I'm saving for that.

But when I get back...

I'll have mine done at Walkinshaw. Probably replace the CAI with an OTR as well. I know some of you lot are anti Walkinshaw here, but, I've had some stuff done with them and would prefer to finish off my upgrades with them.

Good luck with your choice anyway Jethro. I hope that you'll be happy.

seanssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
Do youmean the exhaust and CAI's??

I think it's no different really to most other comapnies that sell their product from another source. The home entertainment area is a beauty for this. Plasma tellys, amplifiers, speakers, cables etc made by other brands with premium prices but flogged as their own.

Anyway that's getting off topic, but it happens everywhere.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
oh I realise it happens everywhere - and if they can get away with it, then why the hell not?

Also, Walkinshaw aren't alone in doing that in the auto-aftermarket - but they do seem to charge a premium for the products they re-badge. Certainly have quoted me MUCH more than the average price of the same product under it's own name.

But I'm by no-means saying there's anything wrong with their workmanship (although some of their product selection leaves a little to be desired at times) - given they're mostly independent workshops who have bought the walkinshaw name, I'm sure they're very good at what they do - just on the pricey side for me compared to other places i've seen.

seanssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
I agree they are pricey, but, I guess I'm just a sucker for the brand as I like to look of the sill plates when I open my doors. The exhaust tips are a great finish(although I have seen some nice exhausts around, i prefer mine) or looking under the hood at the CAI. I also now have the larger Walkinshaw badge on the boot and it looks great.

It also boils down to the fact that I'm a die hard HRT fan:)

-vkhg

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS
also looking to lower my ve ss sedan. i tow a wake boat with the car so still wanna be able to do that without breaking anything. you guys with lowered ss's can you chuck a pic of it up and state how much its been lowered and parts used? thatd be unreal! ta.