Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What's the truth?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
A few years back, it was "Climatic Change". The world had perhaps 50 years before it was Armageddon.
It morphed into "Global Warming". Down to 20 years.
Now its "Climate Crisis" or "Climate Emergency" and if the leaders of the world don't act NOW, its months.
The climate changers will adapt their language and tactics to keep the topic on the front pages around the world. Worldwide, countries ARE acting to reduce emissions with varying levels of success. This tactic of getting schoolchildren is the next phase of a relentless strategy and it works in some areas because older generations recognise that today's youth will be the ones who have to exist in whatever climate is around in years to come. (I ignore completely the climate emergency brigade who give us only months. They can all get stuffed.)
I accept that we can affect our climate if steps aren't taken and it makes sense for numerous reasons to devise alternative clean energy technologies. However, i don't think we have now or will ever have, the technology or capacity to substantially alter our climate. I read some drivel recently that to reduce horticultural emissions, the world should reduce its meat consumption so I guess the vegans have joined the climate change bandwagon too.
As long as Earth still comprises a molten core and has multiple active volcanoes spewing immeasurable quantities or carbon and noxious gasses, any action humanity takes will be insignificant by comparison.

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Wonder what Mulder would think of all of this?

images

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
so a clear odorless gas is hurting the planet..
dame you nitrogen, sorry, oxygen, no sorry it's argon, no no that other gas that makes up less than 2.8%

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
And people blame cow farts for the hole in the ozone layer ;)