Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whats the worst bathurst crash youve ever seen ???

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
it was an XW phase 2 falcon Bill Brown i think, the year before he rolled another one on top of the hill

Rob

YMY-88U

Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VH SL/E
not at bathurst, but I think lowndes' crash when he drove for holden was a beauty - think it was at adelaide, when he rolled about 10 times and landed on his roof

yeh i remember that one, seeing all the drivers run from their car to see if he was alrite, showed some good sportsmenship

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
the worst one i saw was dick johnson hitting the rock that really launched his career:cry:

if it wasn't for that we mightn't have had to put up with him for the next 20 years

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
it was an XW phase 2 falcon Bill Brown i think, the year before he rolled another one on top of the hill

Rob

Correct Doc it was Billy Brown:thumbsup:

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Apart from the one where the ozzimail car flipped after hitting the commodore, I'd have to say the one that happend yesterday (05/10/06)... pretty bad =|

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
When anyone gets hurt, by definition that's bad.

The one in which Mike Burgman was killed. Front on into the support for Dunlop bridge on (off) conrod straight after a brake disc shattered at 280km/h or so, about 1987. That's why there is now a kink in conrod straight for those too young to remember.

For spectacle: The pile up at McPhillamy in about 1983. I think that DJ won, possibly for the first time after the race was called (cut short due to that incident).

rredbeak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Lexcen commodore
I LIKED Bathurst better when Conrod WAS straight,it really tortured the brakes and the drivers nerves..

As for crashes i saw in John Syvers service center at moorooka a multiple exposure photograph of a race car rolling several times. Very unusual pic. The pic is on the back wall and is about 16' long [literally] of this car rolling.

Rod

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
6 times at calder park

yeah that one. I have it on DVD but I'm too lazy to look. It does show great sportsmanship, but then it could be coz he hadn't yet defected to the blue team... lol