Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whats the worst bathurst crash youve ever seen ???

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
For me now it's going to unfortunately be the Porter / Clark crash, we were right on the fenceline when the impact happened and all of us knew that it wasn't going to be good

NOGEN 3

Reaction score
Members Ride
When anyone gets hurt, by definition that's bad.

The one in which Mike Burgman was killed. Front on into the support for Dunlop bridge on (off) conrod straight after a brake disc shattered at 280km/h or so, about 1987. That's why there is now a kink in conrod straight for those too young to remember.

I'd have to agree there. Remember it like it was yesterday. I still remember how it ripped the tyre barrier apart on impact 'n ended ontop of it. Horrrific stuff. Dickies thru the trees coming on2 Conrod in the GreensTuf falcon was pretty scarey looking too, yet he came thru with hardly a scratch?- go figure?...

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
not at bathurst, but I think lowndes' crash when he drove for holden was a beauty - think it was at adelaide, when he rolled about 10 times and landed on his roof

i remember watching that one live with my old man it was one of the first big crashes i saw in the v8's then i think it was one of the k-mart cars in almost the same spot about a year later

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Sorry... read the name of the thread wrong... delete this post

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
anyone remember skaifes crash at (i think) eastern creek? im pretty sure he was in the winfield VP and it was the opening round of the series..

I'm pretty sure it was a Winfield VP that ended up backwards on top of a concrete barrier that got dragged into the middle of the track. HUGE shunt.

Reaper

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
Skaife's big Eastern Creek crash was in practice for the 1995 Winfield Triple Challenge so would have been a VR model, he was probably lucky to walk away from the crash though

familyguy

Bog Standard
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
I remember the Bathurst where the big Channel 9 Camaro ended up on its side coming into Reid Park and blocked the track. That was back in the good old days when you had three classes racing at once!

:bow: Much respect to those poor Corolla drivers trying to tame the Mountain with big sixes & V8's hounding them down.

rredbeak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Lexcen commodore
I agree with Family Guy,Bring back the multiclass bathurst race. Much more interresting,much more to consider. Just doesnt seem the same nowadays.

As for Conrod being straight,they should bring it back again as the cars need to be built to todays standards & not change the track to suit their own needs... Rod

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition