Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whats the worst bathurst crash youve ever seen ???

rredbeak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Lexcen commodore
The worst ive ever seen was in 1967 a monaro rolled on the top of the fence .The fence was like a knife edge cutting its way into the turret and doors of the car. nearly inpaling the driver inside the hopelessly rolling car.The car rolled several times along the knife edge,very spectacular tv.

It happenned on the top of the mountain,the weather etc etc was fine so i assume it must have been driver error. I saw it live on TV as it happenned and occasionally see footage of it these days in a 'days gone by at bathurst' type shows...

Rod

Trevor 062

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SSV REDLINE & 07 VZ ACCLAIM WAGON
Dickies Green Machine XE Falcon was a beauty.

nizmovk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon
saw one a few years ago a driver up the top overshot the small chicane before forest elbow and head on to the opposite concrete wall. Also saw once old footage of an old f'coonhitting a concrete wall up the top somewhere and on impact blowing about a square meter of concrete out the other side... it wasn't a bad one, but very impressive!

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Was it a Monaro or a Ford?
I would say that was the worst crash too. Who was the driver?

nizmovk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon
I think it was a falcon that rolled the fence, nealy hitting a track marshall, and also it was before I was born...

Last edited by a moderator:

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
not at bathurst, but I think lowndes' crash when he drove for holden was a beauty - think it was at adelaide, when he rolled about 10 times and landed on his roof

nizmovk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon
i saw that one! It was at the start, then they restarted the race and had another pile onthe next corner..

ef_classic

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF S2 classic
not at bathurst, but I think lowndes' crash when he drove for holden was a beauty - think it was at adelaide, when he rolled about 10 times and landed on his roof

Calder Park i think.

rredbeak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Lexcen commodore
There was a ford GTHO phase 4 that rolled on the fence nearly hitting the race marshall,but the monaro also did the knife edge death roll...
Dunno who the driver was
but it was the 67 Bathurst...PJ